Prince of Knights Chp44

~*"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair~* Khalil Gibran

Days passed ever since Faris decided to declare a cold war against his father, Sheikh Mubarak. He had been furious when the man in front of Raghad questioned him matters that did not concern anyone but him. Faris valued his father more than anyone, but he had boundaries that should not be crossed. He had been enraged, however, when that woman with big brown eyes stood before him and pleaded for Khalid's life, Faris knew he could not play the enemy anymore. She was named his spouse when winter had just started and now after countless months summer had commenced to open its door and so did his dishonest heart.

Faris knew his father would lose yet another battle if he allowed his woman to reside in his heart. He had never envisioned for events to take such a twirl, the hatred that roared in his chest no longer twisted the cords of his heart in a way that breathing was hard for him. Now Raghad was a woman he looked at, a woman that tempted him to sketch her face in his mind when she was not present. The new changes in him were not noticed by Faris, until Umm Mubarak, his grandmother stated the apparent.

At first, the groom denied saying his ploys that involved her brother, Badr led him to ponder about her. However, soon when he commenced recalling the way Raghad had requested him Faris understood that it was him who kept thinking of the woman with big brown eyes. With a sigh, he rose to his feet from where he sat leaning against a palm tree and made his way to Nasser who dueled with one of his knights.

When he reached the training ground, Faris frowned at the small assembly. "I do not know when I permitted the Borkan men to rest while training." He stated in a loud voice for everyone to hear. The men in the small crowd, among which Nasser was present as well turned around to look at Faris. Nasser smiled whereas others paled a little.

"Peace be with you as well brother," Nasser pulled his shoulders back and stood in front of a person attempting to conceal them. "The reason for Borkan men to flee from their duty is rather amusing, and I am certain once you unveil the reason you will commit the same."

Faris shook his head at his sibling. "And may I ask what is this ground that had led my men to neglect their duty?"

"I would rather you discover it yourself," Nasser smirked at Faris but did not move away.

"Very well." Faris nodded and made his way to Nasser. When he stood in front of him, the man stared down at knight of knights due to his height. Faris attempted to conceal the smile that threatened to decorate his lips. He placed his hand on Nasser's shoulder and pushed his form to the side. As soon as the individual who stood behind Nasser came into view the smile that hid leaped onto his lips. "Abdullah!" Faris exclaimed not being able to sustain himself.