Prince of Knights Chp48

Hey guys! I know it has been an eternity since I update, but I am back. 

There were times I gave up and thought I CAN'T do this anymore. I want to stop now too, but the comments and encouragement I get urged me to write. Hope you like this chapter even though my writing has become rusty. 

_____________________________

*~"My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end up there." ~*

Shouq wiped her tears as she left Abdullah's house and made her way to her Father's house. If Faris does not inform Raghad of what has occurred an uproar shall emanate which no one can extinguish. She wiped her tears again and pushed open the wooden door and marched towards Faris's chamber. Her heart thudded inside her chest from terror and exhilaration of what she was about to commit.

"What is the matter, Shouq. Why do you weep?" Fahad's voice interrogated as she marched past him. The sister shook her head in response as she made her way to Raghad's chamber.

At last, when she was in front of the wooden door she did not knock pushed it open and sauntered inside her eyes searching for Raghad. In the dimly lighted room, Shouq found her sister-in-law sitting next to a shelf looking dejected. "Raghad." She called out attempting to tranquil the tremor in her voice. She observed as Raghad lifted her head and stared without uttering a word. "I have something I must speak with you before it is too late before another carnage arises."

"What do you mean?" The bride slowly rose to her feet, puzzled.

Shouq could not wait any longer, every second felt like an eternity. "Tell me why does a being like Faris, a man who is known to have no heart, a man even my own father, Sheikh Mubarak dreads has till this day not harmed you as most men in this kind of matrimonial would?" She moved forward breathless.

"Harmed me! Look at me Shouq. Look at what that fiend has committed." Raghad hissed feeling her veins make their way to her throat and strangle her.

"I know what has occurred. I am aware of your tale as well as my brother's," at the mention of Faris, the bride frowned incensed.

"Shouq I do not wish to speak of it," the bride made to give her back to Shouq, but, the Borkan took a few steps and gently grabbed Raghad's hand to face her again.

"No. You will listen to me as I have done so for the past moons." She disregarded the glare Raghad sent towards her and clenched her teeth. 

Raghad chuckled with tears of fury in her brown eyes. "And I suppose this is the price I shall pay."

"We all are paying a cost for a deed none of us has committed." Shouq inhaled and Raghad dropped her head in defeat. A few seconds ticked by and finally she articulated the words. "He was poisoned," at this, the bride's head shot up. "Marwan is a notorious burglar in these lands and a Sheikh of a small tribe. The man visited the Borkan tribe carrying a mysterious gift with him, a gift which had the ability to cloud a man's mind to such an extent that he would even attempt to dishonor his own bride."