Prince of Knights Chp53

I am going to confuse the hell out of you guys. Have fun!

This chapter COULD not be part of the war chapter, which is why I separated it. 

__________________________________

~*Did she turn her world into smoke she could not taste? ~*TheQueenOfDarkness 

Raghad opened her eyes and sighed. It had been a few hours since; Faris and his knights departed. Their departure had ushered a gloomy cloud to unfurl its wings over the tribe. She lay there on the cot with only a lantern burning next to the wooden door of their chamber. Raghad moved her gaze down to stare at the headdress her spouse had once bound her wounded leg when she had ventured to conceal herself from the world before sealing her fate with Faris. Her lips trembled at the memory.

He had been protecting her ever since. Faris al Fursan had been her shield ever since.

She placed the fabric to her lips and breathed. After a short while, Raghad attempted to move, however, something on her waist stopped her dead in her track. The bride hissed, muddled when she took note of the warm, hard body pressed against her.

Slowly, Raghad peered over her shoulder and gasped at the sight that welcomed her. Faris, her spouse, was resting beside her. His eyes were closed, and his lean fingers pressed against her abdomen, possessively. Raghad gulped when she felt the weight of his hand on her waist, the proximity of his face. She moved her head further; to the left to take in his form, she watched hypnotized and dazed.

What on earth was Faris doing here? Did he kill Marwan? Countless questions chimed in her brain, but she stopped when she took in his features. His soft beard brushed Raghad's cheek, and his chest moved with every breath he took. She blinked when her eyes landed on Faris's black eyelashes, which almost brushed his high cheeks; they were long and thick. As he slept, his eyelashes covered his eyes in a warm, protective shield, however not as thick as her eyelashes.

The thought made her smile.

The wind nodded, agreeing with Raghad. Faris's eyelashes were black silk that shimmered in the dim light, hers, on the other hand, were like a pair of butterflies descending from the heaven, with eyes so bright that every time she blinked the wind blushed.

The tips of her fingers touched his face just above his eyes. Raghad traced his forehead and stroked her thumb on his eyelashes. Unquestionably not thicker and longer than her eyelashes. The smile vanished from her lips when Faris stirred in his sleep and opened those inky eyes. Instantly, Raghad shut her eyes, feigning to be asleep.

"As salamu Alaikum." She heard his deep voice. Her heart ducked behind her ribcage. When Raghad did not respond, she heard a chuckle. "I know you are not asleep, woman."