Prince of Knights Chp11

Salam guys, hope you like and enjoy this chapter.  

_____________________________________________

~*If your heart is a volcano, how shall you expect flowers to bloom*~

Shouq softly mumbled a prayer in Raghad's ear then held her fragile fingers and pushed sumptuous rings in each of her fingers. When finished the women congregated around the bride and bestowed their blessings. Time voyaged over Raghad's despondency and soon lavish feast was prepared for the Borkan women in the tent next to her quarters.  Noof and Shouq stayed behind with Raghad while others proceeded to relish the repast.

 Raghad shuddered and was grateful of the sunlight that peaked in her tent from the openings providing her some warmth. The weather had turned to reveal its glacial face as though it was disheartened by the thought of her being 'His' bride. Raghad exhaled and her eyes perceived the drugget, they had replaced her carpet, it was the special Persian rug saved for momentous occasion. Here she could not endure it and she broke down, the ocean that clashed against the walls of her heart poured from her enchanting eyes.

 Shouq gaped at her in bewilderment, not knowing what to do or how to act. Noof was the one to rouse from the trance and wrap her arm around Ragahd's shoulder to murmur consoling words. Here, Shouq comprehended the bride's anguish and the amount of oppression this feud had on her. She frowned when Faris's face displayed in her brain, indeed he was constrained to marry Raghad as well.

 Ya Allah, what have they done!

 Shouq knew there was no other man or woman Faris would exhibit his gentle temperament with, aside from his family. A cold shiver streamed down her spine and Shouq encased her hands around Raghad as well. She felt the bride go rigid, "I am sorry. Raghad I-I did not register your desolation. I apologize, forgive us, forgive me habibti," she tightened her grip on her sister-in-law as tears swam in her eyes.

 Shouq pledged that no matter what aroused, no matter what savagery her beloved brother exhibited towards Raghad. She will curtain Raghad with the remains of her courage.

 Maghrib arrived with the call of prayer and Muslims in her tribe turned to face their Lord. Raghad sensed herself go frail, her vigour slipped from her body like grains of sand. Right after the prayer women wore their Naqab as an indication of her doom. She clenched Noof's hand as Badr, Abu Isa and Naif, brother of her mother, the Imam of their Masjid sauntered in her tent. They had already questioned Faris and he had accepted to this marriage now it was her turn to ultimately terminate the feud. 

 Um Faris, her dearest mother and Shouq sat by the corner but Noof sat alongside her. "Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatu Allah," Badr greeted and ambled to sit in front of his sister, with his feet under and body straight, Abu Isa and Naif sat in the same manner in front of her.  Raghad bit her lip in relaxation that it was Abu Isa not a man from 'Their' tribe that would have demoralized her further.

 Abu Isa recited some verses of Quran and narrated few Ahadith, he coughed, there was pause then commenced again," Raghad, daughter of Sheikh Faisal bin Saleh, do you accept your betrothed Prince Faris Mubarak Al Borkan as your spouse?" When she heard the voice, her insides tightened. The words terrified her and perturbation took over her form, sweat beaded her forehead and her ears shrilled.

 She could refuse and flee, her beloved brother and Uncle Naif, they would surely apprehend her affliction and aid her. They will have mercy on her. She was prepared, Raghad was ready to shake her head in denial. She knew she did not posses the fortitude to live with a monster. She could not abandon her happiness, her heaven for her Tribe.