"Stop yelling at me." I bit out through gritted teeth.

"I don't think you'll fuckin' hear me if I-"

"Christian!" I yelled over him, flashing him the same hateful glare he gave me. "Do you wanna eat the fucking dashboard? Put your fucking seatbelt on!" The heel of my hand smacked against the wheel in my fit of frustration.

He laughed cynically, shaking his head. "Go fuck yourself."

With that, I whipped the car to the side of the road, popped it in neutral and flawlessly brought the car to a halt. He crashed forward, grabbing a hold of the handle on the roof to stabilize himself. After a few heavy pants, he began to laugh. He was laughing at me.

"Put it on." I turned the car off and crossed my arms, ignoring his ridiculous laughing. We could do this all day. If he wants to look like a fool, fine.

"You're fucking nuts." He grabbed the seatbelt. Smiling at me with eyes that I needed to avoid. This is just a game to him. He wants to push me until I break off the edge. "I was gonna do it anyway."

I opened my mouth, ready to fire off some nasty retort. Then I thought to myself-was it worth it? With a deep breath, I started up the car and merged back onto the road. Wasting my breath on this fight wasn't worth it, all of the back of forth with no place for the conversation to go.

"Oh come on, Peach." He sighed, setting his head back on the headrest. "Look, you just don't get it-"

"No." I cut him off, holding up my shaking hand to silence him. "Chris, listen to yourself. You can't manage- just for a second to think about how absolutely ridiculous you sound blaming this on me?"

"Me going to jail?" He scoffed, pulling out a cigarette.

"Sure, Chris, all of it. I haven't seen you in days, you have your own life. Fuck, you won't even tell me what you did to get arrested in the first place. Are you in denial? I just spent four goddamn hours-"

"Denial? What if it is all your fault, and you're just in denial?" The mother fucker smirked at me then reached in my glovebox, exposing my secret stash of gin.

Just in case.

Chris unscrewed the lid and got to chugging, polishing off the already half empty bottle. One thing's for sure, he certainly doesn't care about his drunk and disorderly charge. I didn't find out much about what he did, but from what I've gathered, he was incredibly shitfaced and couldn't control his temper tantrum.

"I didn't do a single thing to you." I snapped, pressing my foot down on the gas.

"You wanna know what I think of you?" He said after a long pause. The silence that we shared was calm and nearly settled me back into my head. His scent was all around me, filling me with longing. It was so hard to pretend, to fill my thoughts with hatred and disdain, painting over my love for him.

"What?" From the sound of his stiff tone, I could guess that I probably didn't want to know.

"I think you're a compulsive, lying, whore who snakes her way into hearts to fucking tear them apart. That's what I think of you."

"You don't mean that." I put my sunglasses over my eyes, blinking quickly. His words stung at me, piercing my fragile heart. How could I have known how much I had gotten to him? He didn't seem to notice how I felt.

"As a matter of fact, yes I do."

"I never intended on making you so upset." I flicked away a falling teardrop and turned down our street. "We just aren't compatible."