𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 ; u really know how to make a guys heart race.

_______

your eyes fluttered opened, you squinted as your eyes were adjusting to the bright light.

you looked over to see derek holding your hand, him asleep on your leg.

"der" you said, your throat dry from not having any water.

he instantly lifted his head and looked over at you.

"hey y/n." he said softly, his cheeks stained from his tears..

he tightened the grip on your hand. "you're awake." he smiled.

"where is mom?"

"she didn't want to come she... uh didn't want to see you die.." he said. you nodded.

that's when all of the flashbacks of the car accident hit you. "wheres mattia?"

"i'm sorry y/n."

"what do you mean sorry?" you said and sat up.

"i overheard from one of the nurses that a boy from the accident didn't make it, information wasn't clear."

your heart began to race and anger came upon you. "i have to go see him it can't be true." you said and ripped the iv out of your arms and took off the mask.

"you aren't supposed to walk!"

you looked down and seen a big cast on the leg that was trapped under the car. "is it broken?" you asked

"doctors said it's just sprained and bruised heavily."

"ok then fuck it." you got up, loosing your balance at first but regaining it the second time trying to get up.

you stumbled at first before walking out the door. you saw a nurse, "where is mattia?" you asked her.

"mattia....?"

"polibio." you answered

she pointed to the room three doors down. you hopped all the way over there. there was someone at the door, blocking it. "family only."

"i'm his sister."

he nodded and opened the door for you. you sat in the empty chair right next to his bed, his heart monitor showing his heart was still beating, he was alive.

you cried and grabbed his hand. his face had cuts all over, as yours did too.

"mattia, wake up please." you said.

a doctor knocked on the door, and came in.

"what's your name?"

"y/n polibio." you lied not wanting to be taken out of the room.

"ah okay, you were in the crash.. correct?"

"i mean if it isn't obvious enough." you looked down at your hospital clothing.

"ok, so first off i would like to say that i'm sorry for your loss.."

"my loss?"

"yes." he nodded. "i'm sure you were informed that his brother who was also in the crash passed away." 

"oh no.." you trailed off. you shed a few tears,
you couldn't imagine how hard this was going to be on mattia, from already loosing his mom.

"mattia is doing well surprisingly, he was almost a goner, if we were a few seconds late well... you know but he'll be able to go home a day after he wakes up."

you nodded and he stood there for a few seconds staring at the two of you. "beautiful couple you are." he said.

"couple?"