Chapter 11: Not Out Loud

Hello my lovely readers. Sorry for the delay. Been busy the last few days with a lot of things- homework, picking classes for next semester, class in general, soccer... you get the picture.

Anyhow, I got this chapter mostly done last night. I came home from my game and I was fueled by anger so I got a lot written for once. This chapter was a little longer than I intended it to be, but due to some outside influences (they know who they are) this chapter gained a few new elements. Plus, when I get the sudden urge to watch a movie, it usually means there's a reason for it. Days ago, I got a particular song stuck in my head from said movie, and it didn't occur to me until last night but it fit perfectly. So, that explains the somewhat randomness in it. lol

Hopefully there will be more to follow soon, but with me getting my teeth looked at tomorrow for impending surgery, I'm not quite sure how much time I'll get in the next few weeks with that, the holidays, and finals all coming at about the same time. So please be patient in the weeks to follow. =)

Enough of my rambling. I now present chapter 11 for your enjoyment. =)

**************************************************************************

Diana stood at the kitchen sink, cleaning the few dishes that were there. She figured it would be a great idea to get them all cleaned before her friends showed up. Admittedly, she knew that there would just be more in the course of an hour, but for the sake of having less to do, she washed them now. Diana had four of her best friends coming over, plus Marisa would be home soon. She wondered which of them would show up first, but honestly she wasn't even sure she wanted company right then. Her mind was still racing from her dinner with Artemis.

Nothing would've pleased her more than to have never left the car, to be sitting in his presence still. It was truly an odd feeling; by all means she should've still been crying her eyes out about what had happened to her, yet here she was completely enjoying the presence of another guy. Diana for once found herself to be quite baffled as to what was going on with her. She was nearly certain what was going on was not normal. She took a deep breath, setting the last dish into the drain just in time to hear the back door shut. She glanced over her left shoulder to see her sister waltz into the house, humming some song randomly to herself.

"Someone is in a good mood," Diana huffed, turning with her arms crossed to face Marisa, a smirk very apparent on her face.

Marisa stopped twirling in her tracks. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"I take it your date went well?" Diana inquired.

Marisa nodded enthusiastically. "Of course it went well."

Diana took a seat at the kitchen table, awaiting Marisa to begin her typical 'after-date' rant. Diana was hoping her sister was going to forget about her dinner with Artemis, and just ramble on about how her date went. Marisa took a seat across from her, and rested her head in her hands dreamily. Diana knew her sister well; she had fallen hard for this boy, whoever he may be. Diana shook her head; she needed to figure out who this guy was, and fast.

"Care to tell me about him?" she raised an eyebrow.

"You know him; you had a class with him last semester," Marisa went on.

Diana rolled her eyes. "Well that could've been anyone, Risa. We only have about 700 guys in our school, and I probably had class with about a 100 of them. So humor me. Which of them is it?"

Diana watched as her sister's face turned a deep red, something she hadn't seen before. Diana had a feeling that there was so much more to this situation than what Marisa had been telling her. "It's Justin," Marisa said quietly.