Chapter 34

6 months later

"Mommy, you haven't packed my medicine yet!" Paige called from her room.

"Hold on!" Carrie replied from her and Mike's bathroom. She had spent the last twenty minutes working on her makeup making sure every little detail was perfect. She applied her last coat of lip gloss before making her way to her daughter's room.

Mike had asked the girls if they could leave his wife alone for a few hours so she could have some alone time while she got ready for their first real date night in over a year. However, that was proving to seem impossible. Danielle was gone at a friend's house while Chloe, Paige, and Charlotte were getting packed to spend the night at Aunt Ivey and Uncle Mark.

As Carrie made her way to the twins' bedroom, she noticed that both of them were shuffling around in their room packing. "Mom, I'm all out of socks," Chloe complained.

"And I can't find my hairbrush," Paige sighed.

Carrie looked around at their messy room. "You guys are going to clean your room when you get home tomorrow. No wonder you can't find your brush. Finish packing and I'll take care of the other stuff right quick."

"But mom-" Paige complained.

"No buts," Carrie laid down the law. She made her way downstairs where she quickly got the girls' medicines together and found Chloe a few pairs of socks. With that out of the way, she went back upstairs to start on her hair.

About an hour later, Carrie was finally ready. Mike had dropped the kids off and when he got home he got to the bottom of the stairs and called for his wife, "Care, you almost ready?!"

"Ya, let me grab my purse real quick!" she hollered pack. She went into the closet to find a clutch that matched her dress. Sne took one more quick check in the mirror before she headed down the stairs.

As Carrie walked down, Mike's eyes were amazed. She looked incredible in her strappless tight white dress and her blonde hair flowed passed her shoulders in waves. The smile on her face matched his as they gazed at each other's loving eyes. "You look absolutely beautiful, Care," Mike admitted.

Carrie blushed and smiled wider making Mike do the same, "Why thank you my ridiculously hot husband. Would you put this on for me?"

She held out the necklace Mike had gotten her for an anniversary present. It matched her wedding ring. Mike smiled as he turned her around as she held her hair back. He gently wrapped the necklace around her and fastened the clasped and softly kissed her on the shoulder. "There."

She turned around to give a proper passionate kiss. After a while, they pulled away to catch their breath. "Thank you."

They walked hand in hand to the garage. Carrie was about to get into Mike's truck when he guided her over to the Corvette. That's when she knew he wanted this to be a special night for them. He helped Carrie into the fancy car before driving off down the road.

They made their way to a fancy restaurant where they had an incredible meal. Afterwards they walked through the beautiful park that sat just behind the restaurant. The way they talked to each other the whole night was just like how they talked to each other when they were first dating. They would flirt back and forth with each other making each other blush occasionally.

The couple sat at a park bench where no one was around. They sat close to each other as Mike's arm was draped around Carrie and Carrie's rested on Mike's thigh. The two gazed up at the sky that was beautifully lit with the stars. "I miss being able to do this," Carrie spoke softly.

"We can always do this," Mike replied. "We could have always made time for this but I think we both like being around the kids."
Carrie nodded as we rested her head near his chest. "I couldn't imagine living a life without them."

"Me either," Mike smiled. "And I couldn't imagine living a life without you in it either."

He kissed the top of her forehead making her blush and smile. She leaned her head up to give him a proper kiss. "I love you."

"I love you too, princess," Mike said softly returning the kiss except continuing it. They made out for a good couple of minutes before things got heated and Carrie realized they were in a park.

"Let's go home," she pulled away giving Mike a devious smile letting him know what she meant.

Mike and Carrie shuffled to the car and Mike drove home as quick as he could. As soon as both of them were inside the house, Mike pressed Carrie up against the door. He kissed her heatedly as he held on to her legs that had wrapped around his waist. Carrie's hands wrapped around his neck deepening their kisses each time.

Mike made his way down to her neck making Carrie let out a soft moan. He trailed down her neck and to her collar bone getting lower and lower until Carrie pulled him away slightly calling out his name, "Mike. Bedroom."

Mike listened to his wife's orders as he carried her up to their bedroom still able to make short kisses with her every step of the way. They made it to the bedroom where he immediately made Carrie stand on her feet. They continued to kiss as their bodies were pressed up against each other. Mike's hands made her way down her back and crept to the zipper of her dress and taking it off easily. While doing so, Carrie untucked Mike's dress shirt hastily and unbuttoned it to reveal his incredible abs and muscles.

It wasn't long before they made their way over to the bed with no clothes creating distance between the two. Mike was sure to pay attention to Carrie's moans letting him know what she enjoyed and didn't enjoy. It wasn't a secret to Mike that Carrie was not the least bit quiet in the bedroom. After a few minutes of grinding, kissing, touching, squeezing, and moaning that Carrie pulled away hastily breathing heavily.

"Mike I love you," she practically yelled as her eyes were locked on his. With that, Mike knew exactly what to do. He didn't have to tell her twice.
~