Chapter 29

Summer was just about to start and with that, Carrie was about to go on tour. Her and Mike had talked over and over again about whether or not she should go on tour. They were also going in circles about what they would do with the kids when she did go on tour especially where Charlotte was only two months old. With the tour starting in only two weeks, Carrie and Mike had to get this sorted out.

"Mike, I leave in two weeks and we still haven't decided what we're doing with the kids," Carrie spoke quietly as she helped her husband make dinner.

"It would have been easier to just tour every other week instead of just leaving for two months, staying one month, then leaving for another three," Mike said.

"It's not like I won't ever be home in that two months. I'll make plenty of visits home," Carrie replied. Mike shook his head and continued fixing dinner. "You're the one that said I can go ahead and tour before we even scheduled anything. If you didn't want me doing anything you should have told me. I wouldn't have even done any of this if you told me it was too much."

Carrie exited the kitchen and headed over to the entryway and yelled from the bottom of the stairs, "Girls, dinner!" before reentering the kitchen.

"Carrie, we have a two-month year old baby and three other kids to think about in the picture. It's not fair to any of us by splitting up this family for that long," Mike argued.

"Then what do you want me to do Mike?! Cancel the tour?! Because I can do that! But after a while you've got to realize that no more tours, no more appearances, no more albums means no more living the way we always have. This house can't get paid for unless I keep doing what I'm doing. Taking care of the kids the way we are can't happen without doing what I have been doing for nearly ten years. But if you want me to give it up then so be it," Carrie yelled tears forming in her eyes.

She ran out of the kitchen passing Danielle, Chloe, and Paige and totally ignoring them. All she did was go to their bed and cry her eyes out. She loved singing. It was her passion. But nothing ever came between Mike and their family. She never thought a decision like this would have been this hard but she was struggling to find an answer.

Mike ate dinner with the kids and it was as silent as ever. He could tell that the girls were scared. They had never heard their parents fight before which was mostly because Mike and Carrie never had anything to fight about. They loved each other. That was that. That meant that whatever they were arguing about didn't matter. They loved each other no matter what.