Chapter 30

The girls went straight up to their rooms after dinner while Mike did the dishes. This was something that him and Carrie usually did together but tonight, he was alone. Knowing he had to fix what was in between the two of them, Mike made his way upstairs to their bedroom. He found Carrie asleep on the bed resting her head on Mike's pillow. The sight of her sleeping so peacefully made him smile the slightest as he slid into bed wanting to wake up his beautiful sleeping beauty but not disturb her. Carrie laid her had on Mike's chest where she then rested her head there.

"Mike," she whispered.

"Hm," he hummed as he began to play with her hair.

"I want to sing. But I want to be with my kids. Why is it so hard to have both?" she asked in a quiet tone.

"I will always stand by what your dad told you on our wedding day and that is that there is no reason you shouldn't have everything," Mike spoke. "That's why I am suggesting a compromise."

At those words, Carrie's eyes opened to see that Mike had been looking at her this whole time. The thought of that made her blush.

"How about all six of us go out on this two-month leg of the tour," Mike suggested.

Carrie couldn't help but smile at her husband. "Are you sure?"

"As long as I'm with you, I'm positively sure," he smiled back leaning down to give her a kiss. Their kiss was immediately interrupted when they heard the sounds of a crying baby.

"I got this one, babe," Carrie said getting herself out of bed. She made her way down the hallway and into baby Charlotte's bedroom. Carrie picked the baby up out of her crib and sat down in the rocking chair where Charlotte immediately calmed down. "Good girl, Charlie. Mama loves you so so much."

After a couple of minutes of talking to the baby, Carrie laid down Charlotte and left her bedroom. She decided to check to make sure the girls were asleep but to her surprised, she found all three of them sitting on Danielle's bed in Danielle's room. Three sets of eyes darted over towards the door as Carrie opened it slowly.

"What are you girls doing in Dani's room? Shouldn't you girls be in bed?" Carrie asked.

"They were scared," Danielle answered.

"Of what?" Carrie asked.

"You and daddy were mad at each other," Paige said.

"Are you going to leave each other?" Chloe asked shyly.

"Your daddy and I love each other very very much. Nothing can ever come between that. We will never ever leave each other or you guys. We're a family and we stick together no matter what. We may have our differences every now and then, but in the end all of us love each other."

Carrie hugged and kissed all three of her girls before sending them to bed for the night and Carrie joining Mike. They loved each other. That's all that mattered.