Chapter 21

After having dinner with only the four of us, Mike and I sat and watched TV while Paige and Chloe lied on the couch in the other room wide awake and clearly bored. Carrie looked over to Mike as he continued to watch the current episode of Modern Family. "Mike," Carrie said quietly but enough to get his attention.

"Hm," he said looking over to her as his blue eyes engaged in her hazel ones.

"We should do something with the girls. They seem pretty bored," Carrie noticed.

Mike smiled as he got up off of the couch and whispered to Carrie, "Take my lead. You take Chloe and I'll take Paige."

Carrie grabbed Mike's hand to help spring her off of the couch as they went into the other room. "Piggy back rides," Mike said getting close to Paige for her to jump on. Paige squealed as she hopped onto Mike's back and they raced off down the stairs. Chloe jumped on Carrie's back as Carrie glided behind Mike.

"Sorry I'm not as fast as your Daddy," I told Chloe. "It's harder with a baby in your belly."

Chloe let out a giggle before leaning over and kissed her mother's cheek. Before they made their way down to the game room where there was a foosball table waiting for them. Mike and Paige were already on one side meaning Chloe and Carrie were on the same team on the other side. It was a tied game at 9-9 and it was the first one to ten points. Chloe was set up to take a shot when Carrie let out an "OW!"

Mike immediately left his side and rushed over to Carrie, "Baby, what's wrong? What happened?"

Chloe shot the foosball into the goal and cheered. Carrie smiled a devious smile, "HA! Beat ya!"

"So you wanna play that game," Mike said raising an eyebrow. With that, Mike picked up Carrie without any noticeable effort letting out shrieks from Carrie as he put her down on the couch in the living room that was down there in the basement. Carrie couldn't contain her laugh as Mike began tickling her. It was only seconds later that Paige and Chloe had joined in with attacking their mother.

A couple of minutes passed of Carrie being tickled to death before Mike and Carrie exchanged looks immediately knowing what to do. All of a sudden, Mike yelled to Carrie, "Now!" Mike and Carrie immediately put the girls down on the couch and continued their tickle war. By the end, everyone was pretty tired except for Mike. "Who wants ice cream?" he asked.

"ME!" the girls yelled back in excitement. The four of them made their way back upstairs and into the kitchen where they scooped ice cream into bowls and began eating while they put on the girls' favorite movie Tangled. Only thirty minutes into the movie, the girls had fallen asleep cold.

"We should probably take them to their room," Carrie said quietly making sure to not wake the little ones.

"You stay here," Mike replied. "I got 'em."

Mike went over and carried both of them upstairs as if he were superman. He was so strong and muscular. He could have probably carried five more if he wanted to. When he came back downstairs a couple of minutes later, he grabbed the remote to turn it off and immediately scooped Carrie in his arms. Carrie let out a giggle admiring how amazing her gorgeous husband was. She leaned up and kissed him as he continued to carry her all the way up to their bedroom.

It was around one in the morning and everyone in the Fisher household was dead asleep except for the oldest daughter. Danielle had just come in through the back door as she was coming home from one of the favorite nights of her life. She had so much fun with all of her friends especially with her date, Noah. This was Danielle's first date and she had been nervous as all get out. She knew she had done something right though when Noah kissed her right before she went to her house for the night.

Although Danielle was in the giddiest mood after that, she still couldn't get over how tired she was. She wasn't used to the long nights during the school year and she knew she would be sleeping in as late as she could the next day. Before heading to bed for the night, she followed her mother's orders she had told her before she left. Her parents' bedroom door was creaked open just the slightest like it always was for in case something happened or Chloe and Paige had a bad dream.

Danielle walked in to see her dad fast asleep with his arms wrapped around her mother who was sleeping peacefully. She didn't want to wake them up but she knew her mom wanted her to. She walked to her mother's side and leaned down to tap her mother. "Mom," Danielle whispered.

Her mother took a deep breath before fluttering her eyes open. "Hey, I'm home," Danielle said in a quiet tone.

Her mother smiled calmly and sweetly at her. "Did you have fun, sweetie?" Carrie asked tiredly.

"Yea, I did," Danielle nodded unable to keep in her grin.

"That's good," Carrie responded. "You're probably tired. How about you go to bed."

"Okay, mama," Danielle chuckled at her sleepy mother. Carrie leaned up to kiss Danielle's cheek before Danielle left the bedroom to go to her own for the night.