Chapter 20

Danielle's POV

"Dad, when is Mom going to get here?" I asked Dad freaking out. It was almost two and it was time to start getting ready. Noah was going to be here at 5 for pictures before we had to head off to dinner with our homecoming group.

"She'll be here anytime," he answered. "She had band rehearsals for when she goes to New York next week."

The twins ran into the living room squealing at the top of their lungs as they chased each other around. It was so irritating. I was on my way upstairs to my room when I heard the back door open. My head peered into the kitchen to see that Mom was finally home. "MOMMY!" the girls squealed. I went into the kitchen where the twins had gathered around Mom. She turned her head and looked over to me.

"Hey sweetie, how 'bout you go upstairs to my bathroom and get your dress and stuff. I'll be up in a minute," she told me. I nodded and did as I was told.

It was only a couple of minutes before Mom came into the bathroom. "Ready to get ready?" she asked me.

"Yup," I nodded.

She went over to her closet and pulled out a blue plaid button down flannel shirt and tossed it to me, "Here, change into that."

"Why?" I asked.

"That way you don't mess your hair and makeup on when you try changing into your dress," she answered.

I changed in the closet and came out with Mom warming up the straightener and the curling iron as she got out an entire case of hair stuff. "Geez!" I exclaimed looking into the case.

Mom just giggled, "Sit down, Missy."

I laughed as I sat down at her vanity chair. She started on my makeup. She had never done my makeup before and she was doing a much better job than I ever would have done it. After about a half hour on the makeup, she moved onto the hair which took up an entire hour. It was a fairly simple half up half down style but the back was knotted up all fancy. Mom waved the hair that was down with the magic of a curling iron. I had never seen a person put so much hairspray on let alone in my hair.

"I think we're good on the hairspray, Mom," I told her.

"You'll be thankin me when you're the only one that isn't all messed up at the end of the night," Mom said. "How about you go change into your dress."

I grabbed my dress that was hanging in the doorway and went to the closet to change. I slipped into the dress and went back out into the bathroom holding up my dress in the back. "Can you zip me up, Mama?" I asked.

"Of course," she smiled. I turned around where she pulled up my dress and zipped it up. "There you go, pretty girl. You got your shoes? The clutch I gave you? Here, let me get you some earrings."

"Mama, calm down," I giggled. "I got everything."

Mom made her way over to her closet and got into her jewelry drawer where all her earrings were and picked out a pair of gold dangly earrings. "Here, wear these," she said handing them to me.

"Are you sure?" I asked almost in shock. "These cost a fortune."

"And my beautiful little girl," she said helping me with my earrings. "Is worth much more."

Once my earrings were in, I turned to Mom who was smiling bright at me. I smiled back at her and gave her a hug. "Thank you, Mom," I said quietly.

"You're so beautiful, baby," she told me. "Now, I want you to have fun. Stay out as late as you want. Just wake me up when you get home. If you go anywhere other than the restaurant and the school, I want you to let me know. Text me."

"Okay," I nodded.

I took one last look in the mirror and adjusted my gold sparkly dress. I looked to my Mom and told her that I was ready to head downstairs. As soon as I took one step onto the wood floor on the ground level of the house, I was ambushed by the twins.

"OH MY GOSH DANIELLE YOU LOOK SO PRETTY!" they both yelled giving me hugs.

"Thanks, guys," I smiled.

The three of us walked hand in hand in hand as we entered the living room where Dad had just stood up off of the couch. The dogs were now jumping at my feet. I showed them some love before Dad wrapped me in a hug and whispered, "You look all grown up, beautiful girl."

"Thank you," I whispered back. He gave me a kiss on the forehead before letting me go. As soon as I let go, the doorbell rang. It was Noah. Before I could even make my way over to the door to answer it, Chloe and Paige were already making a dead sprint to the door to open it.

"Danielle, your date's here!" Chloe yelled.

"Are you her boyfriend?" Paige asked in a giggly tone.

"Paige, shut it," I said. She was so embarrassing. I ignored it though at looked over to Noah who was wearing a black suit with a gold tie that matched my dress. He looked very handsome.

"You look beautiful, Danielle," he told me.

I blushed, "Thank you."

"Hey, Noah," Dad said passing me to shake Noah's hand. "I'm Danielle's dad."

"It's nice to meet you Mr. Fisher," Noah said hesitantly while shaking my dad's hand. It was cute that Noah was nervous about my dad.

"Hi, I'm Carrie. Danielle's mother," my mom smiled shaking Noah's hand.

"Nice to meet you Mrs. Fisher," Noah nodded.

"Hey, you forgot about us!" Paige exclaimed at Noah.

"Oh, and who must you two be?" Noah asked in a childish tone.

"I'm Chloe and that's Paige," Chloe said pointing over to Paige. Both of them were sassy.

Once everyone got to know each other, we took a ton of pictures. Mom would not stop taking them. Finally after an hour, Noah and I had to go for dinner with our group of friends so I said goodbye to my family before we drove away.