They both stood still and stared at each other, taking in each other's presence in those few seconds. Eris smiled albeit still with sad eyes as the elevator doors once again closed, completely this time

The number 1 flashed on the small screen and counted up as the elevator ascended, inside Dianna leaned against the walls, hand in her chest. She took deep breaths in an attempt to keep her composure as strong emotions came rushing back in

After years of not seeing her, not hearing from her, and in an instant there she was, showing a smile Dianna had been longing to see for so long. A smile from the person she convinced herself she can't have.

-o-o-o-o-o-

Years back, after they broke things off and completely separated, Dianna tried to live like she did before she met Eris but she just couldn't. How can she after what she had learned about herself, about her and Eris.

Every moment of her day, she thought of Eris. Everything around her leads back to her and with that, came all the guilt, the longing, the despair she once felt. She just wanted to curl up in a ball and cry. Cry out every single thing she was feeling, but the thing is, she already did. She already broke down and cried herself out to near dehydration for days on end. Closed out the world outside and just stayed in bed for weeks and it would've continued on if Lydia hadn't checked up on her one day.

Alicia and Hector were worried as well and so in an attempt to help her move on, Hector had offered Dianna a job, to establish a branch of his motorcycle shop business in Sapphire City. Taking this opportunity to start a clean slate, she took no time and immediately packed her things and left Emerald City.

With Hector's help, Dianna brought a house and took on the managerial role very seriously, and it didn't took long before the shop became a stable and known business in the city.

She kept herself busy with work, and with both of her families, In Carnelian City and the Alvarezes in Emerald City. She had tiring days at work, but she still can't sleep properly. During times of stillness, she would think of Eris, and her heart would be filled with love and longing while her mind was flooded with fond memories with her, as well as regret from making the biggest mistake in her life. And then she would remember how badly she hurt the person she loves the most. It's almost always like that.

Now, here she is living normally as she could. Well, trying.

Back at her home in Sapphire City, Dianna dressed down in an old oversized shirt and boxer shorts, sat on the couch with a hot coffee mug at hand. She listened silently to the sounds of raindrops simultaneously hitting the ground.

The gloomy weather surely didn't help the loneliness she was feeling, especially since she just saw Eris earlier that day. What was supposedly just a visit to Hector's high school friend for an advertisement deal in the neighboring city turned into an unexpected encounter with Eris.

A sudden knock on the door gave Dianna as slight startle, "Who could it be at this time of night?"

Putting the mug on the table, Dianna headed to the door and opened it.

It was definitely a surprise to Dianna to see Eris at her doorstep, soaking wet from the rain.

They were both quiet at that moment, staring, gauging each other. Seeing how they'll both react at the sudden reunion.

"H-how did you know where I live?" Dianna finally asked, avoiding deep silver eyes

"I called Hector" Eris answered honestly, "I wanted to see you"

"Why...?"

Instead of answering, Eris stepped inside. She reached for Dianna and pulled her into an intense, passionate kiss