Chapter 14

"Well that's the last Hector on this side of the city" Eris walked down the empty sidewalk

Eris has been wandering around the city for 4 days now and has halved her list of addresses but still hasn't managed to find him

"Now I have to travel to the other side and start looking there" Eris crouched down and out of frustration, grabbed onto her hair with both of her hands, "fuck this! This is taking so fucking long! Shit!"

Eris looked up at the sky and just flat out yelled, "I know I'm a douche to you when we talk but it would be real nice if you could give me a hand with this!! Maybe help me get to the right Hector if he's actually in this city?! Please?!"

She sighed and bowed her head. After a while of crouching down with her head still bowed down, Eris sighed and stood, "Okay, deep breath and let's continue"

While walking around, Eris decided to rent a motorcycle so her travel around the other side of the city would be faster plus she can drive through traffic on a motorcycle

So off she went to find a place where she could rent one. A few inquiries around the area, and here she is in front of a big building well-known for its business of selling brand new motorcycles and renting second-hand ones, exactly what she needs right now.

Eris entered the shop, and was greeted by a few sales people but what was a surprise to her was the familiar face who greeted her at the front desk

"Oh, it's you" said the woman, "The woman who suddenly grabbed my hand back in Emerald City"

"Um yeah that was me, lousy way to get remembered by you" Eris chuckled, though a bit awkwardly, "Anyway I'm sorry again for grabbing you out of the blue that one time. I honestly thought you were someone I know"

"It's okay, happens to most of us" she smiled nicely, "anyway, I'm Katie. How may I help you?"

"Yeah, I'd like to rent a motorcycle. It doesn't have to be big or fancy; I just need it to be fast"

"Okay then come with me and I'll show you our selections" Katie invited Eris and the two went to the store's warehouse at the back where all the motorcycle models were displayed

Eris was quick to choose a model as she was in a hurry and while the motorcycle was getting prepped, Katie invited Eris back inside the office to fill out some papers.

"Please fill out this form and you're good to go" the sales agent smiled as she handed Eris the papers

While Eris was busy filling out the form, Katie took notice of Eris's list of crossed out addresses she placed next to the form. The name "Hector Arias" on the top of the page specifically caught the young woman's attention.

"It's for a friend" Eris spoke suddenly, handing the papers back at the sales agent, "I'm helping a friend find her brother"

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to-"

"It's alright" Eris said, tapping the list "I just noticed the curiosity on your face while you were staring at this"

Katie's cheeks blushed out of embarrassment while she took the papers from Eris

"It's okay, I'd get curious too. This is a long list after all"

"That friend of yours must be really special for you to go through all this trouble"

"Yeah..." Eris smiled as she remembered why she was doing this. 

For Dianna.

She is required to do this, but if she wasn't, she'd still go to great lengths to help Dianna find her family. If it'll make Dianna happy, Eris would do it in a heartbeat.