Mihir found everything about it amusing; how some people managed to make others laugh even before they had uttered the punch line of their jokes. He surely didn't possess a sense of humour like that. Or a sense of humour at all.

"Right...right. You! You in the brown shirt. Tell me. Do you know why I called it a 'fucked up' office romance?" The comic asked confidently; his palms flying into elaborate air quotes.

From next to him; his old time pal and current beer buddy Varun Malhotra scoffed, "Because all 'relationships' are fucked up!"

Mihir chuckled, "Says the man who just doesn't know how to stick to one woman."

Varun took the dig sportingly like he always did; all the while maintaining steady eye contact with the same brunette sitting in the audience. How he managed to passionately continue a conversation while simultaneously hit on a stranger was beyond Mihir; but actually something rather impressive in his eyes.

"Can I ask you something?" Varun quipped.

Mihir looked up from his drink, and nodded.

"I understand your curiosity about contract marriages, but something about this whole situation doesn't really...feel you."

He was talking about the contract marriage between Adrija and Vedant; of course. The fact that Mihir had finally felt comfortable enough to ask someone about the details of this marriage actually surprised him. He normally sucked at expressing himself.

It helped that Varun was a trade journalist. Contract marriages, surprise mergers, messy business deals; these were basically his source of bread and butter!

Right when he opened his mouth to attempt a response; a tray of ten tequila shots was placed on their table. Mihir looked up at Varun with a mild state of shock. When did he order these?

Before he could pose his question however, Varun had already raised his first shot glass cheerily; "To your love life and my career!"

Mihir didn't know what it was about this guy; but something about his spirited and vibrant nature almost always managed to loosen him up. Whether it was during their early years in the city with ambitious dreams and empty pockets or now; when they were both fairly established; professionally.

From pitching in religiously to be able to get themselves a simple beer to preparing to drown ten tequila shots without even staring at the prices on the menu; their friendship had come a long way.

Clinking his shot glass to Varun's, Mihir chugged at the fiery liquid. His throat burnt and his eyes pressed themselves shut for a reflex. Boy, he'd forgotten just how strong tequila was!

Even before he would get a grip on himself with the first shot; Varun had already raised another glass cheerily,

"To our unwavering friendship!"

Big word, Mihir thought to himself; as he gulped down the contents of another one of the tiny glasses.

Varun nudged at him, "Your turn."

He shook his head; gasping for breath; "Time out. You know my capacity."

"Don't be such a buzzkill Mihir. Come on!"

Again, he wondered how this man managed to loosen him up so much.

Oh, what the hell.

His third glass was now hoisted mid-air, his voice beginning to sound foreign to his own ears as he announced, "To your one night stands!"