-WEDDING BELLS-

"Uncle?"

"Haanji." Mihir replied, his eyes still trained on his laptop as he proofread a new engagement letter with an overseas client for the umpteenth time.

He waited for a reply, but when he heard nothing, he looked away from the laptop screen and to his side where Pritha sat with a book almost comically large for her tiny hands.

There it was, her signature and predictable pout. Mihir had realized with time that this was something she did when she was irritated.

"What is it, Pritha?"

Before he knew it, she was wiggling her way on the sofa towards him. An involuntary smile escaped his lips, as he watched her snuggle close to him.

"I don't like math; I don't understand it."

Mihir closed the screen of his laptop gently, and placed his arm around her tiny frame lovingly as he replied, "We just went through these questions together, beta. What's the matter?"

She made a funny face of disgust as she stuck her tongue out at him, "I hate it."

He laughed; he had a vague memory of having never liked math himself.

"Come on, straighten up. Let's do the questions again."

Unlike himself, he didn't want Pritha to struggle with her basics as a teenager.

Sunday mornings at Adrija's place were very different from how he was used to spending his Sundays alone at home. As a bachelor, he usually wouldn't wake up till it was past noon. He would then move onto a long and relaxing shower, after which he would order in something spicy and spend the rest of his evening watching movies or shows.

Sometimes work would weasel its way into his weekends, naturally those weekends never saw a schedule such as this. But otherwise, it was a rather uneventful day in his life.

"Pritha, you need to read and understand what the question is saying before you start solving." He tried to explain to the child, when he understood that the problem was not that she did not quite grasp the questions, it was that she never really stopped to actually assimilate the facts in the case.

They had just been introduced with problem sums in class. So, it was something new, and something that needed the child to have a decent grip on English as well.

Pritha blinked her big eyes just like a doe at him, clearly lost. Sighing, he put away his laptop and settled comfortably next to her on the couch. They were now sitting with multiple pens and erasers, as he tried his very best to teach her to interpret problem sums on additions and subtractions.

About an hour later, he noticed how quiet she had gotten, as she scribbled into her textbook. The resemblance with Adrija was uncanny, her whole body leaning into the book with such breathtaking determination, he could feel his chest swell with pride. He munched onto a biscuit absently, as he gently ran a hand through her head in endearment and then resumed his own work.

At about two in the afternoon, the doorbell to the apartment rang and Adrija stood outside the door apologetically, "I'm so sorry, Mihir. I got so completely held up-"

"-relax, we both were working." He informed with a satisfied smile, as he let her in and led her to Pritha on the couch, who was still scribbling into her textbook with rapt attention.

"Wow." She quipped, surprise written all over her features, and then, "Shoot, she had her math homework, na?"

Mihir gently took her laptop bag from her shoulder as he nodded, "I've got it covered."