-TELL ME YOUR SECRETS-I -

A/N:

Before we begin with this chapter, I must add a quick disclaimer; this is a somewhat technical chapter. I tried to keep it as easy breezy as possible, but no matter how hard I tried it kept becoming technical again.

My apologies for that. And another disclaimer I want to add, is that this entire plot is woven across a fictional setup so the corporate environment I have written of is in some places quite exaggerated.

One last and final thing before I get out of your hair-

*An ACQUISITION is when one one company (usually financially stronger company) buys/takes over another company(usually financially weaker company) so the new entity ends up negating most of what remains of the weaker company.

*A MERGER is when two companies of (usually) equal financial standing get together into a tie-up to merge their resources and know-how, all the while retaining their individuality.

I'm sure most of you know this stuff, but just thought I should mention it quickly here. :)

***

He stood by the window sill, watching the rumbling clouds. It was about to rain again, and everybody on the streets rushed to varying shades. Mihir turned towards his little side table and picked up his cup of tea, his back facing the window long enough to miss one figure exit a BST bus in agitated strides.

He'd only resumed gaping out of the window in his living room; this was the closest to a balcony he could afford; when his doorbell rang.

His brows creased.

10:50 PM

Who could be visiting him now?

Mihir placed his cup of tea on the table and hurried to the door.

Her teal kurti was soaked wet, water dripping down her curly ringlets as she stood before him taking heavy breaths.

"Ad...Adrija?"

She gazed at him quietly, her eyes giving away the turmoil he could tell she was in.

"I...I don't know what I'm doing here."

Mihir gulped, now feeling concerned at how dishevelled she looked. "Is Pritha okay? Um...why are you standing outside? Please come in!"

"Mihir."

He stopped short, eying her sceptically.

"I want to talk. I want to tell you. Everything."

His heart skipped a beat, adrenaline surging through every fibre of his being. How much had he craved for this moment in all the years they'd spent apart? How many times had he wanted to storm to her house like this and demand answers? How many times had he imagined this moment in his head?

Mihir pulled the door further open in invitation, studying his living room hesitantly. It was a mess, and he wished he'd cleaned the place up a little more.

"You...you probably want to change." He offered distractedly.

Adrija; who was so far busy taking in her surroundings; turned to face him. "Um...yeah. That would be nice."

Mihir wet his lips, "Straight and left. That's my room. But you...already know that. There's a bunch of clothes astray...you...can pick any." He paused, "...I've washed them don't worry!"

She let out a small smile. For someone so calm all the time, he sure was blabbering that instant.

"And...and there's a towel in the washroom." He continued; and then added again, "You...can take a fresh one from the cupboard if you want to."