4. Getting Lost on the Road to Home

A/n: I just wanted to say, thank you so much for over 400 views & 40 votes! It means so so so much! Right now I'm going to try to clarify some things to ensure that when reading, it's understandable.

- there are going to be fluctuations with Haruto's personality, because on one side we have Haruto, who is a bit distrustful, but realistic. The other side consists of 'Haruto' . Having the originals personality that contradicts with the new host. Also some of it may be Haruto's acting, so he doesn't seem too different from before.

- the  |  x  x  x  |  are to show a minuscule time skip or scene change. It can also be a POV swap.

__

Getting Lost on the Road to Home

Third Person P.O.V.

Haruto lingered around the Ramen stand, taking the time to stretch as he watched Naruto finish his last bowl. Surprise there, the kid actually had a stop, despite his never-ending monstrosity called his stomach.

Haruto was under the impression he'd stay the whole night paying for the portion Naruto couldn't. His wallet would've cried.

Now that he thought about it, the Uzumaki would have been a champion at Eating-Competitions back from his world. Free meal after free meal.

The brunette just sighed, dipping his head into his arms. Taking a nap needed preparations from what Haruto knew. He couldn't understand how Shikamaru so easily fell asleep in class.

Some unknown secret?

A hand approached me, feeling the change in wind, I grasped the nearest object getting ready to stab the threat.

"Woah! Y-you don't have to do this! P-put down the chopsticks Haruto!" Kakashi stuttered the line, barely escaping another lethal swing.

Haruto gave him the best glare he could muster at that moment, and it seemed to be enough for almost everybody in close proximity to back away.

"Uh!" Naruto stared at me, then the chopsticks, then back to me again.

He gave the Silver-haired ninja a nudge-like motion before proceeding to whisper, "Remind me to never get on Haruto's bad side!"

"You should see him having to take a mission before dawn! Always seems as if he'll chop a head off, friend or foe." A shiver crawled up Kakashi's spine just envisioning it. He was meet with another glare this time.

x  x  x

Haruto's P.O.V.

This must be one of ' Haruto's ' habits.

He wanted to sigh mentally, barely keeping an eyebrow twitch from appearing on his face.

"Naruto," I said softly, getting his attention, "you should be home by now. It's getting late."

"Ok, ok!" the child huffed out.

"How about I walk you home?" I suggested. Quickly, a rushed nod came from the blonde as his eyes sparkled. I took his calloused hand into mine as we gave a wave, signaling goodbye, to Teuchi and Ayame.

x  x  x

We walked in silence as I brought him back to his apartment. The streets felt eerie and vague to me. Cars always flooded the area until the very end of midnight, so seeing a place so still, so empty had me a bit surprised.

As we arrived, Naruto fumbled around with the keys until he found the correct one and unlocked the door.

I glanced around in horror at the sight. The place was a cluttered mess, just waiting to suffocate the child in old ramen cups, and dirty laundry. He politely invited me in, only for a second later, to kick off his shoes and jump into bed.