Prologue

Your name is y/n Kelly. You are Jack Kelly's little sister. You were living out in Santa Fe (hence Jack's desire to go there) your whole life.  Your mother had some complications during your birth and passed away so your whole life you were living with Jack and your father. When you were 12, your father lost his job and began stealing to provide for your family Jack also moved to Manhattan to sell newspapers to make money for the family as well. When you were 13, your father got caught stealing some food from the market and got locked up. Jack never found out your father was in jail until he had to go back to the refuge during the strike. Once he found that out you received a letter in the mail telling you to come live with him in New York and become a newsie. You jumped at the opportunity to go stay with your brother and then a year and a half later here we are. You've made quite a few friends while being a newsie like Crutchie, Mush, David, Les, and especially Race. Race is your best friend and you two are inseparable. Even though sometimes you wish you were more than just friends you are content with where you two stand.

A/N I know this was short but it gives you some background info on who your are and where you came from.