11

^ this one has more of the alternative metal vibe so uH if you don't like screaming... yeahhhhh 

Junhui allowed his body to be dragged by Jeongin. He stared at his rings, happy and in awe.

The puzzle on his ring moved continuously. One moment one of the blue sides was nearly all blue, and the next it was scrambled with green, white, red, and others. It made him dizzy, an add on to the symptoms he was already feeling.

"Let's just go home, Jeongin," Junhui suggested. His legs were being dragged down the tile by Jeongin, which forced his jacket to be sprawled out under him. "She might not even be there."

"'Kay. Let's go then."

x

"Do you maybe want to do something? Or are you still in pain?"

Junhui looked at Jeongin funny. His seat belt wasn't on (wear seat belts kids), allowing him to slouch in the passenger seat. "I feel better. Why, what do you wanna do?"

"Well, there's a cafe nearby. 'Bean Me Up'. Pretty cool."

Junhui nodded. Jeongin took a sharp left and laughed at Junhui's body slamming against the door.

"You're being meeeeeeeeaan."

"Meeeeeean," Jeongin mocked.

"Shut up."

"Yeah, yeah. Okay, we're pulling up. What do you want?"

"A '24H' soda, probably. I'm assuming you want the 'Maze of Memories' shake?"

Jeongin nodded with Junhui's favorite smile. One of the genuinely happy ones that didn't appear when his soulmate was around. When his parents were around. Or when he got an amazing grade for a test he studied his ass off on. It was one that only appeared with Junhui, and the boy couldn't be happier.

Jeongin drove up to the window and ordered for the two of them. Once he grabbed their drinks, he went the long route to Junhui's house. Mark and Jackson weren't strict, but he did have to come home before seven or tell them where he was going. It was something he didn't mind, as his dads just wanted to make sure he was safe.

"So," Junhui started. He took a sip of his soda and slouched further into the seat, now only being able to see the sky through the windshield. "What's up with you and uh, what's his name? Chang? Chen. Chan."

"Chan. And not much, I guess. Things aren't really... Going great."

"Do tell."

"Well, to start, he doesn't let me talk with his friends and then has the audacity to tell me I can't hang out with my own friends. I slapped him when he did that."

Junhui cringed.

"He likes to text me often but when I reply he leaves me on read. Never wants to hang out anymore. Like damn, man! I thought we were in this together. Rings said so, but I guess they lied, y'know? Honestly, it's stupid. The whole system is stupid. You wake up at a certain age, you get rings, and congrats fate just hooked you up with a future husband, wife, lover, stuff like that. You're expected to love them but... that's not what I want.

I want someone that I can choose. Not someone that just got paired with me against their will. Chan doesn't even like me. He acts like it, but... we all know that's not what's really going on. I don't know exactly but it's something. And when it goes to hit me in the face, I'll just let it."

Junhui looked at his friend with sympathy. The poor boy looked as if he was about to cry as he sipped on his milkshake. It was red with a black syrup for decoration and Junhui watched him stain his lips black.

"I'm sorry. That must really suck. I don't really know how to comfort you other than hugs and promises of watching children get dragged around by dogs at the dog park, but I'll try my best. Just come to me when you need it."

Jeongin smiled and let the tears flow down his cheeks. "Thanks, Junhui. I needed that."

The ride back was filled with Junhui yelling and Jeongin laughing at his antics. And soon, the tears weren't ones of sadness. Jeongin had to pull over before he crashed the car due to him wheezing.