09

hii! i went WAY off of my updating schedule (i didn't even update eek) but i'm back to hopefully finish editing this book by the end of 2020! :D

the song above is telepathic by starset. starset is an american rock band that combines an edm genre (of sorts?) with modern rock!! it's basically a rock band that has space lyrics, a space concept, space effects, space- you get the point. 

but i love this song, especially the chorus, so if you want to... go ahead and check it out! :D

^ i'll be putting a lot of their songs in chapters b/c... why not ;)

"Junhui?"

Junhui slowly turned around from his spot in the courtyard to see Jeongin standing with his textbooks in his arms. He ran to Junhui's spot and jokingly bumped his shoulder. A smile broke out onto Jeongin's face and he motioned for Junhui to follow him.

The transfer had happened. Of course, many students from many schools were switching due to overcrowding or budget loss. Junhui didn't expect for his friend to appear though. 

"Let's compare schedules since I didn't see you this morning! Hell, I didn't even know you were going here!" Jeongin exclaimed.

"Whoa, big boy words," Junhui laughed to which Jeongin scowled. "Anyways, here's my schedule."

The two walked to their next class which they thankfully shared. They talked about who they had met, how the school was so far, and what old friends attended the school.

"Do you know who Minghao is?"

"No?"

"I don't know either... but everyone seems to not like him," Jeongin lowered his volume as they entered the classroom and smiled at the teacher. He led Junhui to the back as he continued talking. "I wonder what's up with that."

Jeongin sat down and pulled out his notebooks as he talked and Junhui eagerly listened. "I'm guessing he did something bad in the past, or something? There's always at least someone glaring at him. But I don't know, I haven't been told much about it."

Junhui nodded and by then, the teacher was getting ready to start teaching. "Do you know anything else about him?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I don't really know. He just seems interesting."

x

Wonwoo avoided every hallway filled with students and made sure to keep his hands in his pockets, despite wearing gloves. His right hand was hurting but he couldn't pull off the glove to look at it until he was in the bathroom.

"Why does it ache?" he muttered. "It's not supposed to ache. The fuck?"

He dodged a few students before entering the bathroom and running into the stall farthest away from the door. He didn't bother locking it, as that seemed too much, but made sure to stay quiet just in case the door opened.

His fingers shook and turned a pale shade. His mouth opened wide in shock but he held back a gasp that would've been full of pain. His knees collapsed from underneath him as he struggled to breathe. 

Breathe in, breathe out.

Breathe in... breathe out.

Let go, Wonwoo. Stop touching it.

No. You're going to break it. Seriously, stop. Wonwoo.

Fuc- Wonwoo!

x

"Oh. That's... that's? That's nice?" Wonwoo stuttered as he attempted to regulate his breathing. His back was against the stall door and on the floor was his ring, shattered into pieces. The dragon's head was cracked and one of the eyes had fallen out. It was glowing a neon green, never failing to blind him.

That wasn't supposed to happen. There wasn't supposed to be pieces of his ring scattered throughout the stall or even in the other stalls. The rings weren't supposed to come off. 

They weren't supposed to shatter into twenty-six pieces.

His hands shook. He held his hand out to touch one of them. Fuck, fuck, fuck! I didn't want soulmates but did the ring really have to go and fucking shatter?

Okay, breathe in, breathe out. Uhm... I should piece it back together. Yeah.

His breathing calmed as he gently grabbed the pieces and put them into a pile. He didn't want rings. He didn't want soulmates. But... maybe he did like that ring. After all, it was the ring for him out of the group of four.

That's a valid reason. It's my ring, I should care about it! Okay did I really just put the eye up its ass... that's clearly the wrong spot.

The glow from the eyes brightened within milliseconds, and Wonwoo was genuinely blinded. The room was a burst of green and he closed his eyes. It went behind his eyelids.

It took a moment or two for the light to dim. He slowly opened his eyes and nearly panicked when the ring wasn't in its original spot on the tile.

Instead it rested on his finger, flawless and glistening.