Chapter 16: Jealousy

Start from the beginning

He parked the car in front of Tasha's house and I got out. I turned to thank him but saw him staring blankly ahead. I tilted my head at the strange action but then his eyes flicked to mine.

"Alpha is requesting I put his number in your phone in case you need him," he said, holding his hand out expectantly.

Oh. That must be the stare. He was talking to Xander. I decided it wouldn't hurt so I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and unlocked it before handing it to him. He typed into it for a minute then handed it back to me with a warm smile.

"Have fun," he said cheerily.

"Thanks," I said. "And thanks again for doing this. I know it must suck."

"Not at all," he said, shaking his head. "I'm happy to do it. Don't give it a second thought."

His smile told me he was genuine though I didn't see how that was possible. How could he care so much when he didn't even know me? They took the Luna thing very seriously. I guess it made sense after what Xander told me. I gave him a smile then waved before walking up to Tasha's front door.

The time with her went by much faster. It was mostly a blur of the bridesmaids fussing over getting her hair and makeup just right. She was wearing a cute, short, white dress. In case anyone forgot she was the bride. I finished making her makeshift bouquet leftover from the bows at her bridal shower while she did last minute touch-ups on her makeup.

I put on some more makeup myself, adding a little pale white glitter to my eyes before adding mascara and blue eyeliner to match my dress. We were out the door by five-fifteen and there was no sign of Felipe but I was sure he was around somewhere.

I got in the car with Tasha, her maid of honor and another bridesmaid and we made our way to the church. Tasha rode in the front seat but turned around to look back at us. I smiled when I saw her. She'd forgone the pink just for the next couple days and her hair was now platinum blonde. She looked stunning, as always.

"I'm spiraling a little here," she laughed nervously. "Someone talk to me. Tell me everything's taken care of."

"Everything's taken care of," her sister and the maid of honor, Tammy, answered.

"Everything's taken care of and you look gorgeous," I added.

"Thanks," she smiled, sitting back in her seat.

It was a short ride to the church. The doors were already unlocked and people were inside. Tasha skipped up to the door where Alex, her fiancé was waiting. The smile on his face when he saw her made my heart melt. She practically jumped on him and he stumbled back, laughing, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her in for a kiss.

"God, they're disgustingly cute," Tammy commented.

I nodded in agreement and we walked up the steps to the church. Once we were inside I glanced around but didn't see Xander. He must not be here yet. I felt a little flutter of nervousness in my chest. I hadn't even told Tasha he was going to be here.

"All right let's get the groom, groomsmen and ring-bearer up front please. Bridesmaids, flower girls and bride line up behind the doors. We're just going to do a quick run through so everyone knows what's expected tomorrow," Tasha's brother, Tanner, announced.

He got ordained so he could marry them but to keep her parents happy, Tasha agreed to let the ceremony be in a church. I got in line with the other bridesmaids and the music started. We waited for the signals from Tasha's mother before taking our turn on the aisles. Soon, we were all standing at the front. Tasha was standing with her dad, unable to take her eyes off Alex.

"Shit, hold on," Tasha's brother said, padding down his pockets.

"Tanner, language!" Tasha's mother scolded. "You're in a church."

Tanner rolled his eyes and pulled a crumpled piece of paper out of his pocket, smoothing it out on the podium before speaking.

"Okay, so we'll do the real archaic giving away of the bride by the father and then Tasha will step up with Alex," Tanner said.

His mother glared at him while Tasha giggled and pressed a kiss to her dad's cheek before taking Alex's hand and stepping forward. Tanner patted his pockets again, frowning.

"Really?" Tasha said, rolling her eyes.

"Calm down, bridezilla. I have the notes in one of these pockets," he insisted, emptying the contents of his pockets onto the podium.

Tasha smacked Tanner's arm and he grinned at her as he continued emptying his pockets. I heard the girl's whispering behind me and turned my head to hear them better.

"Who is that?" One said.

"Good Lord have mercy," the other said, fanning herself.

I followed their eyes to the back of the chapel where Xander had just walked in. He was wearing dark jeans and a black, button up shirt. The sleeves of his shirt were rolled up to his forearms and he was holding onto a jacket that laid casually over his shoulder, looking like he just walked out of a heavily photo shopped magazine because no one ever actually looked that good in real life. Except he did. And he was staring at me. He smiled and sat down in the back row, clasping his hands together and leaning forward over the pew.

My heart beat wildly in my chest and I licked my dry lips. I didn't understand how he could make me forget to breathe. Breathing was a normal thing. And yet here I was, reminding myself to breathe.

"Who is that?" Tasha whispered, leaning back to look at me and Tammy.

"I don't know but I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to change my panties because damn," Tammy said breathily.

Tasha looked from Tammy to me, raising her eyebrows.

"Uh, that's Xander," I murmured.

"Xander?" Tasha and Tammy repeated.

"Yeah," I sighed. Here we go. "Travis had to go out of town so he stepped in for me."

"That delicious hunk is here with you? Why have I not seen him before? You've never mentioned him!" Tasha hissed.

"Okay I got it!" Tanner said proudly, smoothing out another piece of paper.

Thank you, Tanner. Tasha was forced to bring her attention back to the rehearsal and I was able to breathe again. I glanced over at Xander whose gaze was unfalteringly on me. Seeing him reminded how just a few hours ago he had me pressed up against the wall, his hands on me...

I broke eye contact and shook my head. Damn him. It was ridiculous how easily my mind went crazy when he was around. I decided looking at him during the rehearsal was a terrible idea so I focused on listening to Tanner's instructions. For all his kidding, he was very organized. He and Tasha were close and I had no doubt he'd deliver flawlessly tomorrow.

We got to the end and Tash and Alex kissed before rushing down the aisle. We took turns walking down after them. I was being escorted by one of Alex's brothers. As we came down the aisle I saw Xander's eyes flicker between me and Alex's brother. He didn't look that happy but he tried to force a smile when he caught me looking.

We got to the end and I got stuck talking to Tash's dad for a minute before I was able to walk back into the chapel. When I got there, Tasha's bridesmaids had Xander surrounded, very clearly flirting. The stupid jealousy came back much worse than it had earlier when the one with the lowest cut dress touched his arm.

I narrowed my eyes and headed straight for them.

A/N:

Hii!! I said I'd be updating for 5K reads and here it is! Sorry I didn't get it out Monday, I had a crazy couple of days. Thank you awesome readers for getting me to 5K reads! It means so much to me as do your wonderful comments and votes!! <3 Leave me a comment to let me know what you though of this chapter :D

What do we think of Addie's jealousy getting sparked? ;)

What do you think her plan is?

Until Friday, friends, happy reading! :D