•Chapter 10: Surprise, surprise!•

DING!

Shuichi groaned as he rolled over to the other side of the bed and hugged the pillow, burying his face in it.

DING!

"Who the fuck is texting me at this hour?" He thought out loud, then lazily sat up at the verge of the mattress and unplugged his phone. He looked at the screen and dozed off for some seconds before remembering what he was doing. The boy unlocked it and clicked on the recent notification.

"What is this?" He grumbled.

Kokichi's bday party

2424-6969
Is this Shuichi Saihara?

Um, yeah?
Who r u?
How did you get my number?
And pls
explain what's with the title.

8434-7634
We are Kokichi's organization members

8318-7135
We stole Ouma's phone and found ur number

5454-3900
And i dont know if he told u, but todays his bday

The golden eyed male almost dropped his phone. Today was Kokichi's what?! Why didn't the gremlin tell him before?

Hold up
I'm coming over

8318-7135
wait what

The detective turned his phone off and left it on the night desk. He quickly stood up and walked towards his wardrobe. He put on the first thing he saw, a blue hoodie, a pair of jeans and gray trainers.

He grabbed his cellphone again and went downstairs, picked up the keys and stepped outside, turning around to lock the house.

The cold air hit him like a truck, of course, it was two in the morning. He put his pale inside his pockets and started walking at a fast pace. The streets were completely empty, no sound could be heard. Just once in a while the agonizing silence was broken by a car that passed by, but only that.

Shuichi couldn't deny the fact that he was a bit scared of being all alone. Anything could happen and no one would notice or be there to help you. He thought it would be better to get his mind off the possible danger and focus on what he could give the small leader for his birthday. He mentally made a list of things Kokichi would like.

The male was so lost in thought he didn't realize he had already arrived at the ‘secret place’.

He knocked on the door and some shuffling could be heard from inside.

"It's me, Shuichi Saihara." He assured. The door was opened by the pigtailed girl, whose name was Aiko. The other members greeted him. They were sitting on chairs, around the long, rectangular table, as if they were in some kind of important reunion.

Some of them glared daggers at him, since they didn't completely trust him. They didn't really like the idea of a detective being part of their organization, but Kokichi trusted him, and they trusted Kokichi, so they accepted.

Shuichi awkwardly  sat down on an extra chair they had prepared for him.

"So, now that we are all here, we should decide what we should get him." A short haired girl named Charlie said, folding her arms.