Chapter 28

Sargam's P.O.V. :

I opened my eyes groggily just waking up from sleep when my eyes fell on the sleeping beauty whose face was always innocent and mesmerizing. I slowly woke up from her lap analyzing my bedroom with walls  painted using bright orange colour and my stuff scattered messily everywhere except my comfortable bed. Rutvika still appeared in deep sleep when I slowly made her body lie down on the bed so she could sleep. I opened my cell just to see that only 2 hours had passed. It was 2'o clock in the morning. With the curtains wide open, I saw the dark night sky. I called my dad. Even though we had a strained relation, still I knew he cared for Mom. That's what made me leave the hospital as he would take care of mom in my absence. 

He picked the call on the second ring when I asked the first thought that rushed to my mind," Did mom wake up?" When he replied negatively I felt the urge to once check on her. But I knew that I need to rest for a while. I had a migraine already developed. I decided to once again go to sleep while hugging my sleeping beauty.

Rutvika's P.O.V. :

Having such a dream after a so long time was something I didn't expect. 

\\Dream:

Running behind my brother in an attempt to catch him in one of  our sweet fight, my mind seemed focused elsewhere. I caught Ritik in a flash; making him burst in a fit of giggles, I told him"Remember, that even if we are away in the future my email accounts will stay the same and you can contact me."

The dream suddenly changed with my dad beating my mom. My worst nightmare. Those screams ringing in my head. That scary face of my father with his eyes showing only one emotion. Hatred. But the words he said rang in my ears,"I want to leave you here and go with Ritik to haveli forever. If you can't follow my rules, then you'll stay locked up here."

End of Dream//

Sweat was dripping from my frightened face as I woke up. As I tried to move, I found somebody's hand on my waist. I suddenly remembered that I was at Sargam's house. At least today, I got some lead about my little brother who was once, my world. I turned myself a bit to see the boy who has been my good luck charm for now. The boy looked so innocent with his raven curls a bit lingering on his face which I gently put back in place. His blue eyes closed from the last night of exhaustion and slight snores making my heart flutter. I slowly caressed the face of the boy I'd fallen for. I tried to remove his hand slowly from my waist and as I was free I scurried off in an attempt to get some news about Sargam's mother and placed a call.

I got the news that she had woken up and my happiness knew no bounds. I gently woke up Sargam who was not at all supportive to wake just said,"I want to sleep, go away." And I shouted,"Your mom has woke up." In a matter of seconds, he was inside the bathroom from the bed to get ready to meet his room. He soon came out and asked with his questioning gaze," Don't you need a shower?" I just shrugged and said," No clothes." He gave me one of his hoodies and sweatpants which I generously wore after a fresh shower and we rushed at the hospital to see Sargam's mother safe and sound, ready to recover.