Chapter 5

I stood bewildered as he was shaking vigorously seeing the main door closed. His blue eyes were frantically searching for an exit and there was none to be found. I went near him and saw that he was scared and panicking. I went near him and found a new courage which I didn't know existed to ask him " What happened to you?"
He replied while stuttering," I..... I have... claus.. claustrophobia."

I don't know what came over me and I engulfed him in a hug. He hesitated for a moment then wrapped his arms around my waist placing his head in the crook of my neck. I rubbed soothing circles on his back effectively making him calm down. I made him sit on a chair whilst making efforts to make his breathing pattern steady and gave him water from my bag. I then decided to call someone for help. But I had forgotten my phone. My bad, my mistake.

I took a look at Sargam who was still scared. I entwined my hand with his and spoke," I'm here by your side. Nothing will happen. " He looked a bit relaxed I decided to ask him whether he had his phone. He removed the phone from his pocket but to no avail. His phone had no battery left. It made his attention shift to the fact of the room making him rather uncomfortable again. I returned his arm drawing his attention towards me and we continued speaking about offer random memories for hours. I noticed that it was evening from the time in my watch. I saw that Sargam was feeling sleepy.

"Sargam, we can sleep here" but he shook his head." No I will just get nightmares." That's when I spoke," There will be no nightmares. I am there besides you." I was sitting with legs crossed on the floor when he  decided to sleep .He was fast asleep when his head fell slowly in lap.I was stunned for a second but let him sleep there comfortably. Soon, he was fast asleep. I ran my hand through his hair soothingly noticed how he slept peacefully.
I whispered in his ears even though he was asleep, " I will always be there for you. I'll never leave you again. This is a promise. " I kissed his forehead while getting comfortable by leaning on the backside and finding myself slipping into the wide ounce of darkness.