Chapter 4.1

King Ravi's Log - Milestone Match
===================================================

"Are you crazy?" Lucie asked me.
"No. I am not. It's just that I don't have a job and I need money. I hired bodyguards for my parents and I also need to pay you for the healing potion. Dan's car got destroyed! This is the only way to earn money quickly. Complete an assignment, you get the money, that's how things work, right?" I finished.
"Forget about the money you owe me. What about the money I'll get when I complete my assignment. If you die, and I know you will, what about the money I stand to lose. You know nothing about the world out there. I refuse to help you."
"You can at least train us?" Dan asked hopefully.
"I already told you I am not good at teaching. Not to mention, it would take weeks to train you two imbéciles."
"There must be some way." I said.
"There is always a way. But I am not gonna help you." Lucie got up and went to the training room effectively ending the conversation.

Dan and I sulked for a while. We stood in Lucie's bedroom quietly. Well, I was quiet and Dan was humming the 'Mission Impossible' tune.
"I am done talking. I am taking back control of my life. Right. Now."

I went into the training room. Lucie was holding a Katana. How do I know that? Which gamer doesn't watch anime? Many of them don't, but you get my point. Lucie had changed clothes. She was wearing a white unitard. Her hair was tied in a ponytail with a few strands framing her face.

"I challenge you." I said as I kept my distance.
Lucie gave a short laugh.
"vous avez un désir de mort." She said shaking her head. To me, it was 'vooaawayzzdayseedaymore'.
"Let me finish. I challenge you, to a game of Rock Paper Scissors. Best of three games. You win, I do what you say. I win you do what I say."
"What if I don't want to?" Lucie put one hand on her hip with the other holding the Katana over her shoulder.
"You scared?" I grinned.
"No. OK. Let's play." Lucie agreed.

"Wait." Dan said for the second time that day.
"I challenge you. The winner gets to play with Lucie and make the loser do what they say. Same rules." He said pointing at me.
"Come on man. Why you always gotta butt in? I am gonna kick your ass."

Our match started. A Holo appeared.

Rock Paper Scissors
Ravi Sharma (172 wins) vs. Daniel Smith (127 wins)
Round 1
Fight!

"Haha. The records speak for themselves. I am up 172 versus your 127 wins. This is our 300th match." I taunted Dan.
"Oh yeah? We'll see. Rock. Paper. Scissors. Go." Dan yelled loudly.

I won the match in straight rounds. At this stage I am not even going to mention that Holos have appeared. You'll know. So, no point.

Ravi Sharma Wins!

"Hahaha. I am putting this in the bank. There will come a time when I will ask you to do what I say and even if you don't want to, you'll have to." I patted Dan's back.

Rock Paper Scissors
Ravi Sharma (0 wins) vs. Lucie Caspienne (0 wins)
Round 1
Fight!

Lucie was looking at me with narrow eyes while she held her hand above her head. This was going to be a difficult match. The reason I won easily against Dan was because of experience. I had already played him so many times that I could anticipate what sign he was going to throw. You catch a slight movement of the pointer finger and guess 'Scissors' or you see him tightening his fist slightly and know he is going to throw a 'Paper'. But with Lucie, I couldn't anticipate. Simple reason, never played with her before. This was going to be totally dependent on fate.

Lucie threw a 'Rock'. I threw a 'Scissors'. Damn it.

Round 2
Fight!

Lucie - Rock. Me - Rock. Draw.

Round 3
Fight!

Lucie - Rock. Me - Paper. I win.

Round 4
Fight!

Oh boy! Is she gonna throw a 'Rock' again? Is she? What if She wants me to think that she is going to throw a Rock and makes me throw Paper, but then, she throws Scissors and I lose. Aaaarrrgh!

I REALLY hope my 'Luck' 
of 15 comes into play here.

Ravi Sharma Wins!

Oh my God! She had thrown 'Rock'. I was overcome with emotion. It was just a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors, but I had won. I hugged Lucie. She went stiff in my arms and I let her go.

"Sorry. It's because I am so happy." I said trying not to smile.

Exp Gain: 30
Rock Paper Scissors: Skill Level Increased. Lvl 25

Luck: 16 (+1)

To Lucie, it must have looked like I was staring at air for she could not see the Holos.

"You are using Ki right now!" Lucie exclaimed.
"I am?" I asked confused.
"Yes, I can feel it. You are not a lost cause, after all. I can help you. I thought you were useless since you didn't even know what Ki is."
"But I thought it was my superpower. I am using Ki? How?" I asked even more confused.
"All abilities in this world are just a form of Ki manipulation. I said this in the interview. Whatever your superpower is, it is a form of Ki manipulation." Lucie explained.

"That makes sense." Dan said.
"It does?" I asked looking at him.
"You forget that I practice karate. I know a thing or two about Ki. Although I am just a purple belt, I know techniques from other martial arts and many advanced concepts. A black belt friend of mine taught them to me in secret outside the Dojo."
"You have other friends besides me?" I asked him.
"Of course! You don't?"
"Yeah I do. But I wouldn't call them friends; more like acquaintances."

Lucie walked right upto my face. Scared, I took a step back.

Whoa. She is really tall and intimidating.

"We have to hurry. I could sense your Aura just now. Which means the people who are after you can sense it too. This house has magic in place that makes it invisible to sensors, but I dont want to take a chance. We are leaving." She said with a serious face that I hadn't seen her make before.

"What about our training?" I asked her.

"We will get right to it." She said walking towards the 'Swords' section in the room. She put her katana in a scabbard that was on two thin U-shaped stands. She then went to the 'Guns' section and took off two identical guns from the wall. They looked like shotguns with their long double barrels.

"What are you standing there for? Pick your weapons. They are free. I won't charge you. I acquired all of them during my various assignments." She smiled.

"Where are we going?" Dan asked.
"South Africa. To meet a friend who can help."
"Huh. But first we need to make a stop and get new clothes for me and Rav. We are starting to smell like pigs." Dan said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: So, we already know from Dan's character art what he is going to go with... What weapon do you think Ravi will choose? I am not updating the next part until someone makes a guess in the comments! :P

Was it a good chapter? Yes? No? Possibly-Maybe-Not? Vote and Comment. Thanks for reading, people! I appreciate it very much. - Phenil