Chapter 10.0

Author's Note: My update rate has been drastically decreased now. Please be understanding. I have a job now. So I can only write on weekends or holidays. Thanks for reading.

===================================================================

King Ravi's Log - Close Call

29 January, 2015.

Paris, France.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Clap* *Clap* *Clap*

"Wasn't that heart touching? It almost made me cry with emotion!" Two men came from the direction of the stairs as Lucie let go of me. Both were wearing the exact same black button-up shirts and trousers. The older man wore a round grey hat and held a brown cane in his right hand. I immediately recognized the neatly combed curly brown hair on the younger man's head.

"You're the Norwegian King!" A pointed a finger at him.

"It's not surprising you recognize me since I am famous after all. More importantly, thank you for coming here, Ravi or should I call you the Indian King?." He smiled.

"How do you know that?" I asked taking a hold Lucie's hand.

"Don't even bother to run, man. I already knew she was going to warn you to run after she couldn't teleport away. Nice outfit by the way." He said looking at my white shirt, black pants and blue and yellow diagonally patterned tie.

"What do you want?" I asked letting go of Lucie's hand.

"It's simple really, he wants to read your mind!" the older man grinned. I assumed he was the advisor.

"Shit! Come on! Why do you have to tell everyone that I can read minds? It takes all the fun out of it! Why don't you just advertise it to the world!" the King ranted to the advisor. He was fuming. His extremely pale face had gotten all red.

Wait. No. That's horrifying.

"I am just trying to psych him out. You're no good at it! You can barely catch a few words from their minds if your hand is not placed above their heads. And even after that you can only capture conscious thoughts." the old man argued.

"I am getting better at it you old fart! I can hear full sentences now sometimes and I am also beginning to be able to read subconscious memories. Why don't you just write a book about my ability and post it on wattpad for everyone to see?" The King talked back.

This is bad! I don't have enough Mana to teleport. Only 100 MP. Can I even teleport? Lucie apparently couldn't. No mud and water. Flamethrower is out of the picture.

"You're a million years too young to be talking like that to me." The old man raged swinging his cane in the air.

If only I had enough Mana! But at the rate which I regenerate it, it would take about an hour and 40 minutes to fill up my quota of 1100 MP.What do I do?Think Ravi. For now let's try running.

I grabbed Lucie's hand again and pulled her towards the door forcefully. I hastily opened it and dragged her out of the house. But we had only taken three steps when our path was blocked by three soldiers carrying P-90 sub-machine guns. Although their clothes were differently coloured, they were wearing round grey hats similar to that of the old man.

"What did I tell you about running? Don't waste both our time." The Norwegian King said from behind me.

"You were wasting time a minute ago." I said. "Since you can read minds there's no point in me mincing my words, is there? I hope you don't mind me speaking my mind." I said through my teeth.