Fashion. Maurits x reader

Start from the beginning

''yes?'' ''I don't want you to be the third wheel.'' He smiled ''Too bad i shall do it either way!'' I facepalmed and sighed. ''Why must you always be so stubborn?'' Max shrugged. ''I am just the best romantic, you have got nothing to fear! Where is the peasant?'' ''She is in my room-'' Max grabbed me by the wrist and dragged me with him.

-2nd POV-

You were sleeping in the bed untill the door swung open. You looked over to see a statue with a comedy mask on his face. You were afraid he was plotting to kill you untill you saw a nervous Maurits emerge from behind him. Maurits was trying his very best to keep his composure. ''Ah, you must be the peasant, correct?'' You shot Maurits a confused look who just looked away. ''Now now Maurits, no need to shy away from her.'' You were confused as all hell, you saw the embarrassment on Maurits his face. ''Maximillian you're not helping.'' Maximillian assumed a random dramatic pose before replying. ''I feel so hurt by those words Maurits.'' Maurits shook his head and dragged Maximillian out of the room. ''This isn't working, please go away.'' You heard Maximillian protesting, and truth be told you found it hilarious.

Maurits finnally worked him out of the room and shut the door. He tried to play it off as if nothing happened and picked you up bridal style. "What are you doin'?" "We need to check on your wound and put on new bandages." He carried you through the hall to Bernards room. He kicked the door open, making Bernard jump up and shriek in surprise. When he saw you two her quickly ran over and tried to take you from Maurits, who quickly pulled you close to him. Bernard chuckled. "Jealousy is not a good look on you Mau." Maurits turned his head away. "Why would i be jealous over a disgusting peasant?' Truth be told, those words kind of hurt your feelings. You weren't sure why. But your heart hurt when he said that.

Bernard must've seen the expression on your face as he swiftly took you from Maurits and sat you in his bed. Maurits was visibly irritated by the siuation. He put some clothes on the bed and walked out. Bernard sat down next to you and tried to comfort you. "Listen he.. he doesn't really know how to handle the fact he's in love. He ruined it once before and is afraid he will ruin it all again." Your heart skipped a beat as you stared at him with wide eyes. He raised an eye brow. "I thought you knew this." You shook your head and looked to your feet. Bernard tapped his feet. ''He tried really hard to fit in with the most arrogant statues of the group. He thinks everyone will dislike him if he falls in love with a human.''

You weren't going to lie, you felt relieved. Though you were unsure why. ''Hey Bernard, why have i not been killed yet?'' He had just finished putting new bandaged on your wound and smiled. ''Maurits had a lengthy argumen with William about it, after a while poor William became so tired he just agreed.'' ''Who is William?'' You asked him. ''William is the lead goldwatcher.'' You were surprised to hear that a bunch of chaotic murderous statues had a leader. Your little talk with Bernard was interrupted by a knock on the door. ''Come on in.'' Bernard said. The door opened and you saw a statue dressed in gold and pink. He had a weird twisted grin on his face and he was dragging Maurits with him. ''I found him.'' The statues tone was off. He sounded oddly cheery and dreamy. You noticed he had hearts on his uniform. ''Ah Perceval good to see you!'' Percy smiled at Bernard and dropped a knocked out Maurits to the floor.

Your heart dropped, you ran over to him and tried to wake him. ''What did you do to him Percy?'' Percy shrugged. ''He was freaking out, talking about how much of a failure he was. So i had to knock him out in order to calm him down.'' Maurits groaned and sighed. He went and grabbed your hand. You were surprised by this and just decided to hold his hand. You could tell Maurits wasn't in a clear state of mind, and frankly you were starting to worry about him. ''Bernard i don't think Maurits is doing alright.'' Bernard kneeled down next to you and Maurits and held his head. ''Maurits!'' Bernard yelled. Maurits jumped up, and looked around.

''What happened, ugh my clothes are dirty.'' He started to frantically dust himself off. He shot Percy a death glare, who was still grinning. Maurits picked you up bridal style, shot them both a glare and walked out. Maurits was seemingly cursing and swearing, you couldn't tell since you didn't understand the language he was speaking in. He struggeled to open the door with his elbow and walked in. He carefully laid you down on his his bed and frowned. ''How did you get your clothes dirty?'' You wanted to reply but he cut you off. ''Don't pretend i care about you peasant, Bernard forced me to-'' ''That's where you're wrong!'' ''Bernard told me everything.'' Maurits' eyes grew wide. ''W-what?'' You crossed your arms. ''I know everything!'' Maurits scratched the back of his head and started stuttering, calling you a peasant and lying about him not caring about you. You grabbed his hand, and placed a kiss on a cheek.

-timeskip a couple months/years-

''Are you sure about this?'' You asked him. ''Oh, absolutely you look gorgeous'' You were wearing a (f/c) dress that looked almost the same as Maurits his uniform. ''Why.'' ''So everyone can see you're my beautiful princess!'' He offered you his arm and you took it. ''Al die willen te kaap'ren varen, moeten mannen met baarden zijn. Jan, Pier, Tjoris en Corneel, die hebben baarden, die hebben baarden Jan, Pier, Tjoris en Corneel, die hebben baarden zij varen mee.'' You had learned Maurits originated from the Netherlands and loved singing old Dutch songs. You tried to sing along, butchering the words making Maurits giggle. ''Liefje, you got a long way to go before you can master the language.'' He walked outside and sat you down on one of the benches and sat down next to you. Staring up at the stars he pulled you closer to him. ''I think you are more beautifull then my clothes, take that compliment because i am not repeating myself."