~{Exhaust}~ William x reader

(Tumblr short oneshot)

Human world au

Life had been stressing you out lately after you escaped. You had been losing your grip on everything. Right now you had just gotten home for the first time in forever. But something was different. The lights were still on. The door was unlocked as well. Your heart sank as you grabbed the nearest object to defend yourself. Opening the door you saw a man sitting at the dinner table. Your cheeks went red as you recognized that tired look.

William Corbyn.

"W..william?!" Was all the you could utter. He had messy brown greyish hair and blue eyes. A smile came onto his face as he stood up and approached you. He wore a light grey turtle neck sweater with a black jacket, along with a pair of jeans. He tightly wrapped his arms around you. "You're home dear," he muttered. That exact same voice, it had to be him. "D..dear?-" He gave you a concerned look. "Y/n, are you feeling alright? You seem so out of it." He gently took your arm and guided you to the couch.

You dropped yourself down, confused. Then you noticed something shiny on his left hand.

An engagement ring.

You stared at it. Then looked down, only to find the exact same engagement ring on your left hand. Your eyes met his as he gently kissed you, pulling you closer.

"You must be exhausted dear... here i made you dinner.."