14. Strictly Professional

Start from the beginning

"Ms. Milburn, Mr. Collins is waiting for you in his office." Christen, one of the house help informed me. I nodded my head and smiled at her, She is very sweet and has always been kind to me.

I walked up the stairs towards his home office. It is one of the biggest rooms in the mansion and looks similar to his office back at the company. I have grown to know a lot of things about him during past few days. He is a perfectionist, has an extreme level of O.C.D. and he is very particular about everything. For instance, if he wants coffee with no sugar then it means no sugar at all. If he finds even a little bit of sugar in his coffee then the person who dared to make that coffee is either fired or is humiliated to bits. And no one dares to speak against him in the house. Not even his family members. If he has taken any decision then the whole mansion is obliged to respect his decision. Though he loves his family more than anything but even they are not allowed to interfere in his decisions. He also respects his step mom and thinks highly of her but he never calls her 'mom'. He addresses her by her last name. She doesn't have any problem with that though because she says that it's difficult for him to call anyone 'mom'. I didn't dig much into the matter. He has already made it clear to stay out of his personal life. So, I never tried to much about him or his personal life. I know my limits now. 

Luckily, I am obedient enough to do as told. I never dared to oppose him or go against his orders. I really don't want any negative remarks on my resume. I have worked really hard to get straight As and excellent GPAs. I would not let anything ruin it. 

Also, he never apologized to me for being an asshole to me that day but it doesn't matter anymore. Honestly, it was my fault. I was dumb to come and visit him. I should have restraint myself from coming here that day. I should have known that we could be nothing more than just a boss and an intern. But it doesn't mean that I am not angry at him. I am really furious at him not because he yelled at me that day but because he gave me false hopes that day and many times before that day. I am furious at him because he tried to play with my feelings. I was dumb to not react when he used to come close to me and kiss me, but now, I will never allow him to kiss me again. I will forget about professionalism if he ever tries to kiss me again. I am done with him and his mood swings. 

I shook my head to get rid of those thoughts and took a deep breathe to calm myself down.

"Ms. Milburn, give me the file of Dames' company. It's in the cabinet on the right." Chris said as soon as I entered the office.

"Sure, sir!" I said as I went straight to the cabinet and took out the file.

"Here's the file." I said as I put the file in front of him on the table.

"Bring me my coffee." he ordered.

"Sure, sir." I said as I went to the coffee machine installed in the same room.

"Here's your coffee, sir." I said as I put the coffee mug on his table on the exact spot it is supposed to be put at. I stressed on the word 'Sir' after my every sentence. Professionalism you see!

See, it's so easy to be strictly professional.

Good going, Amber! I internally patted on my shoulder.

It feels good to have no complicated emotions. I have learnt it now. I have understood that Chris is never gonna have any sort of feelings for me so it's logical to not have hopes at all. It's better to draw a line in between us before I get my heart broken.

A heart break is the last thing I need in my life right now.

"Ms. Milburn, get me the list of all the past projects of Dames'." he said whilst going through the company's file.