chapter 55

A/N; This is a new ritual ok ok ok.
This might be the last update until Christmas, because I do have a lot going on.
Btw I have a blog and a youtube channel and they're both linked in my profile so have a look ok ok thanks

----------------------

Zoe's POV;
I lay, motionless and stiff. I could hear yelling, but I didn't recognize anyones voice. There were defiantly two guys, and a woman. I knew something was happening but I didn't know what...I just wanted to sleep..
What's happened? Where am I? What's going on? I internally scream, wishing I could make a sound, or move.. I try desperatly to open my arms, while the yelling continues. It gets louder and louder until theres the whack of a fist, then silence. What's happened!?
Soon, someone grabs my hand, their rough skin nothing like the other persons who's been holding my hand recently. He's been talking to me, singing, telling me sweet little stories. Whispering sweet sentements into my ear, sharing stories of love..
But this hand is rough and stiff, swamping over me. It reminds me of memories of pain and upset, but I can't recollect why.

"Get off of her" I woman's voice hisses. Her voice reminded me of someone, but i couldn't remember who. But it instantly calmed me, and made me happy. Like a child being soothed by it's mother once its fell over. No one else speaks, this in some way worries me, what's happened? 
I remember my babies clearly, Little Ellie, Scarlett, Thomas and Cleo.  Where were they? Were they ok? I just wanted to wake up, oh it would be so much easier. 
I wish I was somewhere safe, a little house by a lighthouse on the beach.

I keep trying to open my eyes, but it takes up oh so much energy. I feel like giving up, stopping trying...Maybe I'm not meant to live. I wish i was with my babies, happy and calm.
I fight through the pain, I keep imagining my babies, willing me on futher to open my eyes. I have to do it for them. 
I focus on being able to see again, nothing else. Not the people talking or the bleeping of machines, I focus on being able to see. Pushing through the pain, My eyes flicker open. Blinded by the ceiling lights. All of a sudden there is pandamonium, people come rushing in, checking machines and poking and prodding at me. 
After what feels like hours of needles and questions, the three people who were in here before are allowed back in..

"Mum" I croak out as she rushes to my side, stroking my hair, kissing my cheek softly. I can feel her tears running donw my face as she burys her head into my hair. I detach my hand from hers, and place it around her, rubbing her back softly. It hurt so much to see her like this, My Mum who'd protected me from everything forever and ever..When I was little I thought she was superhuman and was awfully strong. I guess that never really left until now, Seeing her a osbbing mess broke my heart. She soon pulled away and wiped at her eyes.
"Oh Zoe" She sighs "What are we going to do with you 'ey? Do you want something to eat? I think I have some crisps in my bag?" She gushes, I nod softly at her; and let her mother over me, even though I wasn't particullary hungry. 
It was at this point I notice the other people in the room. Brad.
He was stood by the door, his hair sticking up, a slight bruise on his jaw, his eyes red. He smiled weakly, before turning and walking out the door. My heart sinks. Was he okay? I needed a hug from him, I needed to tell him I was sorry. I go to yell after him, but my Mum wafts a packet of Walkers in my face, stopping me in my tracks. 
Then I realise who else was in here. Dad.
"Oh Zoe" He smiles. I don't smile back, i shrink futher into my bed, wiggling towards my Mum. I didn't want him here. I didn't want to see him again. His face hadn't changed, the same man stood before me. The same man that had ruined my childhood. He was still as evil and manipulative, scarring me and Mum forever into the future. I can feel the panic rising in my chest, the tears brimming over my eyes. I was frozen in fear. Why was he here! I could feel the same slapping and hitting on my body, the same he had done to me as a youngster. Except, he was stood on the other side of the room...It was like a physical flashback. 
"Go away" I plead, my voice quite and small. Barley filling the room. His eyes glint, evil almost being spelt out in them.
"I'll be back" He smirks before leaving, without a fuss. I ignore his threat, I know him. He wouldn't. He'd be too busy getting high, or getting arrested, possibly both. 

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

My Mum had left not long ago, she needed sleep. I had to practically force her out the room. I was all alone. Sat in an empty room.  My body practically crushed in pain. Where's pain killers when you need them...Where's Brad when you need him. I sigh, propping my back up against the pillows. My arm was covered in a bright pink cast, why pink? Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I want a pink cast. What if I wanted blue? My entire body was bruised, battered and bloody. Oh how I want a shower. I close my eyes, I didn't want to sleep. I just wanted to be away from this horrible place.
"Zoe? Are you asleep?" I hear someone whisper. I open my eyes. Bradley. He takes this as a no, and walks over to me, budging my legs along the bed and lays down next to me.
"I'm sorry" I whisper, as he pulls me into his chest. 
"You don't need to be, I messed up, thats why this all happened" He whispers back. 
"I missed you" I say after a few moments of silence. 
"I missed you too" he smiles at me.
"I just feel so shit, I really messed up Brad, I don't know what to do anymore" I choke, tears once again filling my eyes. 
"I know what you should do" Brad says, pulling away and sitting oppossit me. "I love You Zoe. I always have, since that first time we met, through everything, every up and down, turn and spin. Oh Zoe, You can't understand how much I love you, I love you and our Children so so much. I sat there every single day, and I'd sing your favourite songs, and I made a promise to myself. That I'd make you mine again If you woke up...and you did. You fought through it all, and i'm so proud of you princess, not just for this but for everything you've ever done. You mean the world to me, Your perfect in every single way. But Zozo, You being my girlfriend isn't what I want. I'm so sorry that I left earlier, I knew what i needed to do. I should have stayed, But I needed to get this.  Zoe Will You Marry Me?" He says, producing the perfect ring, a small silver ring, with a pale purple stone in the middle.
Tears cascade down my cheeks, my hand cups my mouth. I nod, as he reaches for my hand, the on in a cast. He slips it onto my finger, kissing it. He pulls me into a hug as we cry into each others shoulders. Happiness, pain, excitment, sadness, but most of all Love.

"I love you"
"But Baby, I love you more"