Chapter 11

After spending the past day with my head flooded with thoughts of Austen and the play, I was grateful for the distraction that dance practice offered.

"Lovey?" I looked to Tony who stood in my view blocking my entrance into the dance auditorium. "Are you alright? You haven't been the same since the cast list went up."

I smiled at him, "of course. I think I'm just nervous for rehearsals on Friday." It wasn't a complete lie.

"Don't be, you'll be great!" He cooed. I grinned at him and then pushed my way through the auditorium doors. My eyes instantly shot to Austen.

Austen stood with his back to me and I watched greedily as his muscles flexed with the movement of his body to the music playing softly. He was goofing around with his dance moves. I watched as he rose his arms up to his head and started doing the sprinkler. I laughed lightly but inside I secretly envied his no worries take on life.

"Fiona!" Austen screamed when his head turned and caught me staring. I stood still as I stared at his body walking in my direction with his face in his famous kid like smile that always seemed to add to his charm.

His large arms that I shamefully gaped at earlier wrapped tightly around my waist and before I could pull away, he was swinging me around. I small yelp left my lips and then my feet hit the ground. I jumped away from him at the feel of the ground under my feet.

"It's so good to see you."

I dipped my head and tried not to show my discomfort. "What dance are we doing today?"

Austen shrugged and then I felt his fingers grab mine gently. He curled his fingers around mine and I suddenly felt my hand heat up at the contact. "I'm excited about the play, are you?" He asked.

At the reminder of the play and my predicament of having to be near Austen, I quickly yanked my hand free and held it possessively against my chest.

Austen sighed at my action and opened his mouth to speak. "Let's get moving people," shouted Tiffany, cutting off Austen's words.

Austen rubbed his neck anxiously and then motioned for me to follow him. We walked alongside one another to the centre of the room yet with the tension surrounding us, we seemed miles apart.

Once everyone was in the centre of the room, Tiffany stood with all her authority and directed us. "So today we are working on the couple dance that we have been asked to perform at the senior carnival in three weeks. Now, you will have the same partners I assigned with the previous song and as members of the dance group, you have no excuse to not attend the carnival. Let's begin shall we? Partner up."

I awkwardly glanced at Austen and noticed him staring at me with an expression I couldn't place. He closed the gap between us and stood behind me as we waited for Tiffany to begin.

Tiffany began to show us the moves and with some, I found myself blushing. We practiced the moves separately and then it was time for the music.

I heard the gently notes come through the speakers and before I could react, I felt Austen grab my hand. He pulled me up against his body and we bagan to waltz to the voice of Bruno Mars as he sang his song, Just the way you are.

When the chorus rang out, Austen placed his hands on my waist and gently lifted me up. I placed my hands on the top of his shoulders to support myself and I stared down into his muddy eyes. We stayed in that position for a few seconds and then he lowered me slowly. Before my feet hit the ground, I wrapped my legs around his waist and touched my forhead to his.

Austen glided across the floor with me in his arms, our eyes never leaving each other. My body was tingling everywhere his hands touched. Once we were on the opposite side of the floor, he put me on the gound and we began to seperate. I joined a group of girls and he joined a group of guys. We danced separately in our groups, letting our bodies sway to the sweet tunes.