Chapter 2

"Urg Tony why are you making me do this?" I maoned while Tony continued pulling me with his tight grip on my wrist.

"Because, you are my best friend and this is something I want to do with you."

"Why this though? You know it isn't exactly my speed!" I continued complaining, making sure to whine louder.

"Think of this as a practice run for the other stuff I'm making you do." He replied with a grin.

A grinning Tony was never a good sign. "What are you hiding from me?" I asked pulling him to a stop.

"Nothing," he half sung. I pulled my wrist away from him and stood firm.

"Tell me." I demanded.

Tony flung his head back with a loud sigh. "Fine. I may have lied a tiny bit about what we're doing."

It was only the third day of the new school year and I was seconds away from committing murder. I glared at Tony almost daring him to be truthful.

"So you know how I said we were going to try out for cheerleading? Well... what I meant was that we'll be joining the dance group." I rose my hand but stopped when Tony screamed, "please don't kill me!"

I groaned and held my head in my hands. "Why would you do that Tony?"

"You know since we started here that it's been my dream and I can't do it without my bestie. Besides, I've seen you dance and girrrl you got it going on!" Tony added a dramatic snap of his fingers to add to his total diva tone.

I frowned and Tony quickly added, "and don't forget that no one; besides those in the dance group, will actually see you dance until the end of year school dance and by then I would have made sure you were confident enough to strut your stuff."

There was that...

"Ok fine, I'm in- and don't scream!" I pointed at Tony who had his hands clasped together and his mouth open. He quickly shut it and smiled before he resumed pulling me again.

Eventually we reached the auditorium where the dance group practiced every Wednesday and Thursday afternoon. We pushed open the heavy metal doors and saw a group of roughly twenty students standing in the centre of the auditorium.

A young girl walked towards us and I recognised her from my History class last year. She wore a pair of tiny pink shorts and a black tank top. Her boobs looked like they might fall out with one wrong step. Her sunny blonde hair was tied in a long ponytail with her bangs clipped up.

She approached us with a bright smile. She seemed friendly enough but her persona screemed perky more than sweet. "Hi. I'm Tiffany and you must be Tony and Fiona. We've been waiting for you, you're the last to arrive."

Yea she seemed too excited. Definitely a perky, school spirit girl which was not my type at all. Tony however seemed right at home.

"It's so good to be here and doll don't you look totally adorable." Tony linked his arm through hers and together they walked further into the room.

So far, dance group did not seem fun. "Now that we're all here, we're going to show the new comers the routine and then take it from there so, if today is your first day then please go sit on the grandstands and watch," directed Tiffany.

I joined the group of five and made my way to the grandstands. Music began playing and I instantly recognised it as 'Slow Down by Selena Gomez.' I watched transfixed as the group of girls and boys started moving their bodies.

The dance seemed easy enough and mostly consisted of hip movement. I could swing my hips so it didn't seem so intimidating. When the chorus sounded the group paired up and did this weird move where the jumped up and down pounding their fists to the beat, and then switched to swaying the top half of their bodies in opposite directions to their partner.