Chapter Thirty-Two|| Behind the scenes

Começar do início

'How do I do it? I don't know any spells about this.'

'The spell on them is simply a blocking spell that blocked their human side instead of their wolf, but only a witch that was half lycan could remove it. There has to be a part of you to connect with them, that's their wolf side. Then since you're a lycan as well, they will bow to you once they sense your power since they serve lycans.'

'A blocking spell, I actually know that. My mother taught me it. She talked about how her mother put one on her as a kid and said if I ever wanted to block my magic, it was always an option. I obviously never did because I love magic, but now I know what to use it for. It's easy to reverse spells that you know about. If it's like a blocking spell, I can unblock it. I can do it, Nikobe.'

'I knew you could, kiddo.' I could feel the pride in her tone.

'How do you know so much about them?'

'An old friend of mine had their soul dragged to hell by one before they bowed to lycans. I never saw her again obviously, but after that, I learned everything I could about them so I could stay clear of them.' The hurt in her voice made me frown.

'I'm sorry, Nikobe.'

'It's okay, it was many many years ago.'

'Anything else I should know?'

'Well, the four hounds each represent something and have a purpose. There is the protector, he's a fighter and protects the hounds like no other and fights his enemies until their death. Then there's the link, he's the link from earth to hell. Then comes the deemer. She is the one who deems souls unworthy of earth. Last, there is hellfire. He is the one who drags the unworthy souls to hell. Now that that's over, let's do this before we run out of time. Head down the hall to your right, I can sense their pit they reside in.'

I did as told and sure enough, I came to a huge door that was made of steel.

'I don't know how to get in.'

I looked around and suddenly something caught my eye. I walked over, looking at the small screen.

'Lower your eyes to it.' Nikobe stated.

I leaned in and I felt Nikobe grasp control and a quick flash of light happened and soon I heard the groaning of the door opening.

'It opens to a scan of lycan eyes. I figured it would be something along those lines so no ordinary wolf could try to break in.' Nikobe explained.

I slowly walked into the pit and felt my heartbeat rising when I heard low growls. The door slammed shut behind me, causing me to jump.

'They can smell your fear, don't be scared. You have to be strong now.' Nikobe reminded.

I closed my eyes, channeling Nikobe so my eyes shined a bright red and I growled back in response to them. With her eyesight, I could see just a glimpse of four huge beasts walking up slowly towards me from the back of the cave. Suddenly, orbs of orange appeared and I noticed they were only a few feet away from me. Then, they began to circle me.

'Show dominance now!' Nikobe yelled as one crouched to lunge for me and with all the courage I had, I let out a roar so loud it shook the cave we were in. The huge beast froze, cocking its head to the side probably wondering who the hell I was.

'Try to talk to them, they can understand you, hellhound or not.'

"I know you can understand me." I stated and one let out a puff of air as if saying 'yes'.

"I come with an offer, but you're going to have to listen to me and trust me." They growled, moving closer towards me and I snarled causing them to jump back.

"LISTEN!" I yelled.

I sighed, thinking my words over wisely since they seemed to want to rip me apart.

"I know you used to be werewolves. You used to have a normal life. I'm here to say I can help change you back." I stated and I could hear their hearts skip a beat.

"But under one condition, you have to help me in return. I am about to be ripped apart by a full lycan on that field out there and I cannot win without your help. If I die, you have no chance of getting your lives back. I am the person that can break the curse, and I can change it for good. I'm a witch, a half lycan, and a wolf in one. I'm the world's first tribrid and I was turned by your current alpha, Mathias. I'm his mate and the soon to be queen."

They turned to each other as if they were communicating and turned back to look at me.

"Okay, I'm taking that as you're interested...great. Here's what's going to happen. You're going to help me first. I will do the spell I need to right now, but I will tie it to my life. If I don't win and I die, you don't turn back. If I win, you'll immediately be able to shift back into your human forms with the snap of my fingers. I'm only doing it this way because I know we will win because no one ever leaves the ring after you all are through with them. Now, the spell is simply a blocking spell. I'm quite familiar with it and I know how to turn it on and off. I promise that if you help me, I can turn you back. Though I have to have trust in you which is why I'm not turning you back right away. You need to prove yourselves to me and that is by making sure I don't die. You're registered in the war pack as a weapon and so I am not breaking any rules by using you to help. You will listen to me on the field. When I tell you to fight you fight and if I tell you to sit then you damn well better sit. In short, I'm your new alpha."

I waited for some type of response from them nervously and I nearly cried in relief when they all laid down on their stomachs and bowed their heads, showing submission.

"Oh thank the Goddess," I mumbled, quickly walking up to them and sat on my knees.

"I'm not an asshole all the time, I promise. But today I'm gonna be because I don't want to die, so listen up. I need to have contact with each of you." They sat up some and I watched as one gently placed its huge paw on my lap. The next stood up and rested his snout on my shoulder. I placed my hands on the fur of the last two.

I can do this...I am Rosemarie Elizabeth Spur.

"I am the soon to be queen. I am Queen Rosemarie," I mumbled, closing my eyes.

I remembered the spell my mother taught me and the chant easily left my lips. I could basically feel the block leaving and I quickly tied it to my life, so I could control their shift. When it was done, I moved back feeling slightly drained.

'Can you hear me?' A soft voice spoke and my eyes snapped open as I stared ahead at one of the hounds that were directly in front of my face.

'I can... but how?'

'When you removed the block, it allowed our mind link to come back for our alpha, that's you now.' She explained and I smiled.

'You must be the deemer.'

'I am, but you can call me Anna. The others will warm up to you soon enough, but I can tell you're a good person. I trust you and I will help you take down this woman. Now tell us, what are we up against?'

'A full lycan and she's a mean one.' I started and explained to them everything that happened between Natasha and me.

Anna's eyes shined a bright orange as she growled. 'She is deemed unworthy.'

'I will tell you how to channel us and make you even stronger. I'm Devin, the protector, and you are now my alpha to protect." one of the males spoke.

And at that moment, I knew I was going to win this.

Thank god for Nikobe and the hounds.

___________________________________

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE

woohoo

Now you know why there is a book called "The Hellhounds" ;)