Chapter Two

Percy's P.O.V.

Once the bright light of Zeus' master bolt dies down I am finally able to take a good look at my surroundings.

I look up, expecting to see the sign for D.O.A. records. I expected to see Charon sitting at the table and the newly dead lingering around the fake recording studio.

Key word, expected.

Instead, I find myself in an all white room. White sheets on the bed that I find myself to be laying on. White walls and a white, metal door.

No windows, or really anything interesting to look at.

You've got to be kidding me. I was just ready to except my fate in the Underworld, but someone I end up here.

This is worse than the Fields of Punishment for my ADHD.

Talking about ADHD, if I died, does that mean I have ADHD anymore. Or is it like, cured or something.

Stupid ADHD. I guess it doesn't go away when you die.

Death...

I can't believe that the gods killed me. My own father. He voted for my death. I thought he loved and cared about me.

Apparently not.

My face scrunched up as I reflected on the last few hours of my life.

And Annabeth. She called me a traitor. She tortured me worse than anyone could.

To think that I loved her. She betrayed me. I thought we would be together forever.

What about never letting each go again. Does her words have no truth behind them?

Were they always lying to me? Were any of the campers acually my friends? Did Annabeth ever love me?

I punched the wall in anger and the memories resurfaced. Was I always this weak and idiotic?

I forced the bile that rised back down my throat. I take a deep breath in. One, two, three, four, five, six. I release the air that I was holding in. Six, five, four, three, two one.

I felt calmer now that I had taken a moment to steady myself. My eyes fluttered to stay open.

I guess dieing really give you fatigue. Who knew.

Annabeth pro-

My face becomes red with anger. To think that I proposed to that back-stabbing, no good, lying, daughter of Athena.

One. Two. Three.

I shut my eyes for a moment. No tears traced down my cheeks as I thought about her. About any of the ones who I had considered family.

The silence eerily sits in the room as I rest on the cloud-like bed, unmoving.

Just then, the pale door cracked open just slightly. A man with pitch black hair pops his head through.

The first thing I notice about him is his eyes.

They were black with shining silver specks, dancing around the vast sea of darkness.

It was honestly one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

Not in a weird way though.

He continues to walk into the room as I stare at his attire.

He has a black suit with a tie that matches his eyes exactly. The same shade of black and swirling stars.

"Who are you?" I ask. I think I probably should know this person, but I can't exactly remember why.