Chapter 8: Freedom

Jordan and Jax collided fist first. The sound echoed through the empty arena like a explosion. Jax pushed Jordan back and followed with a right hand punch to the face. He tried to kick him, but was shocked when Jordan caught his leg.

"Think fast." He said before tripping Jax. Jordan fell fist first down on Jax, missing his face as he moved out of the way. Jordan let out a barrage of blows on Jax, who was forced to block them with his arms.

"Get off of me." Jax said as he kicked Jordan in the face. He stumbled backwards, giving Jax some breathing room. Jordan wipes the blood from his lip before lunging at Jax once again. They traded punch for punch; kick for kick. Through all the attacks, neither of them let up.

"They're really giving it their all." Tamera said aloud.

"What did you expect? They both have something to prove." Victoria replied. "While Jax's reason is to avenge his brother in a way, Jordan is trying to show not all demon crystallizes aren't monsters." She explained.

"You sure Jordan just isn't doing this just to get a shot at Jax? Those two been pretty heated since they met." Tamera pointed out.

"No. If he just wanted to do that, he'd power up by now and end it." Victoria replied.

Jax kicked Jordan in his chest, knocking him back and burst into lightning.
"Lightning Strike!" He yelled as her fired a lightning bolt. Jordan quickly dodged it, yet was met with a combo of punches by Jax.

Growing angry, Jordan could feel his power rising.
"No. I won't do it." He thought. He brushed away the pain and continued to trade blows with him. Jax's speed outmatched Jordan, giving him the upper hand. He beat Jordan with a combo of attacks; kick, punches, elbows. Soon, Jordan could only block the barrage.

"He getting wailed on. Jordan shouldn't be losing right now." Rebecca commented.
"As it stands, Jax's power boost is making him faster. Unless Jordan uses his powers, he won't be able to keep up." Tamera added.

Terra balled up her fist as she approached the railing. Sabri looked up at her and could see something was off.
"He's getting angry." Terra uttered silently, but loud enough for Sabri to hear. A chill ran down Sabri's spine at the thought of Jordan losing control.

Jax finally stopped his barrage and smirked. He saw Jordan slowly lowering his arms back into his fighting stance.
"This is no fun. At this point it's like hitting a sandbag. Where's all that big boy talk from earlier, huh?" He mocked him.
"Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not going to use my full power against you." Jordan replied.

Jax felt a chill run down his body.

"If this is your attempt at comedy, it isn't funny. You do realize that I'm going to go full power." He warned Jordan.

"You do that. I won't even have to power up to beat you." Jordan replied with a smirk. Jax appeared before Jordan with his hand covered in lightning .

"Lightning Palm." He uttered before slamming his hand in Jordan's chest. The pure blowback sent Jordan flying across the concrete flooring. He slammed violently into the ground before lying there unconscious.

"Jordan! That son of a..." Terra stopped as Victoria grabbed her arm.

"You won't be able to help Jordan all the time Terra. You need to get your emotions under control. As strong of your bond may be, jumping to his rescue can only going to make it worse. If you get hurt or worse, it could lead to him going berserk, just like when you were younger." She informed her.