Spark (Kara pt.3)

Summary: After your confession, you and Kara are able to bond even more, especially when you decide to surprise her.

Requested: No.

Waking up next to Kara was a moment in time you wanted to capture forever. Even asleep she still managed to look effortlessly beautiful. She clung onto you all night and after the events that happened earlier, you held onto her as if she were going to disappear. Although, you may have waited until she was asleep before fully doing so.

When her eyes finally began opening, she greeted you with the most adorable smile ever. It didn't take long before she pouted and pushed your face away, leaving you confused.

"Stop!" She whined pulling the covers over her head. "You can't look at me like that first thing in the morning! It's illegal and cruel! I'm a mess right now."

You were still confused for a second but soon let out a small laugh. "Well, that's your fault for being naturally breathtaking. It's like telling people at an art museum not to look at the art."

Kara didn't budge from under the covers, but you did hear her heart rate speed up. You sat up, taking in the things around you. Finally feeling like you've found home once more.

"Do you plan on staying there forever?" You asked.

"Yes."

You smiled in amusement. "Well, I'm going to shower. Actually, I've heard saving water is pretty important for this planet, so do you want to join me?"

Kara immediately sat up and looked at you with wide eyes and a red face.

"W-What?"

You tried not to laugh at her expression. "I'm just messing with you. Unless..?"

"Oh my- Just go already!"

You laughed making your way to the bathroom.

Kara ended up convincing you to go to work with her. The main reason you didn't want to go had to do with the thought of Alex murdering you. Surprisingly, you were actually greeted with warm and knowing smiles.

"Still planning on leaving?" Alex tested.

"Unfortunately, you are all stuck with me."

"Hey, that's far from unfortunate and I think we could all agree," Winn said.

Alex smiled in response then turned to her sister. "Kara, why are you spacing out?"

"She's probably thinking about how she missed the opportunity to save water this morning." You replied.

"Y/n/n!" Kara squealed and punched you.

You faced her so no one else would be able to see the smirk and wink you gave her.

That seemed to have broken Kara.

"So does this mean we have a new superhero?" Winn spoke with excitement.

Kara came to and lit up with excitement as well. "That would be amazing! Winn can make you a suit and everything!"

"I'll leave the whole saving the world thing to the professionals. Sorry, I mean the professionals and Kara."

Kara pouted.

"I'm of course willing to help when needed, but Supergirl has always held her own. I don't think another hero is necessary." You shrugged.

"That's what every hero says at first. So, don't worry I'll have a suit made in preparation." Winn said fiddling his fingers together like some sort of villain with a plan.