Aliens (Kara)

Summary: After being unable to explain yourself properly, Kara ends up hating you for your opinion on aliens. You constantly try to get her to understand what you meant and soon find out the reason for Kara's anger.

Requested: Yes.

A/N: Hope you like it!

You and Alex had been friends since you two were children. When Kara came into the picture, all three of you got along very well. It didn't take long before they both told about where Kara was really from. Of course, you had to promise multiple times to keep it a secret before they finally told you. Kara at the time was very surprised you didn't freak out and still wanted to be friends with her. Since then the two of you grew even closer.

Today, well, things were different.

Seeing as how more and more aliens are coming to earth, you couldn't help but be a bit cautious of them. You knew Alex worked at the D.E.O and was very familiar in all things alien. You also knew that Kara herself was an alien, known as Supergirl.

You had nothing against aliens, but the thought of them being able to disguise themselves, and seemingly go by someone completely different, worried you a bit. Of course, you don't judge anyone based on their looks or name. You prefer getting to know them as individuals, but it's kind of hard if they hide themselves to the point if you don't know if they're dangerous.

Upon voicing your opinion with your two friends, Kara got very riled up. You two ended up in an argument that resulted in the loss of your friendship. You remember the argument as though it was yesterday.

(Flashback)

You were at Kara's apartment, just having a nice little movie night when suddenly Kara abruptly sat up.

"Oh! Y/N, guess what?"

"What?" You smiled at Kara's excitement.

"Don't tell anyone I told you, but Lena is currently working on a device that will allow aliens to disguise themselves as humans!"

You paused for a moment. "Oh. That's great."

Kara deflated. "Why do you look so indifferent? This is amazing news."

"Sorry, Kara. It's just. I don't know. That doesn't sit right with me."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, if they are able to look different from who they actually are, isn't that kind of dangerous? I don't think they should hide who they are."

Kara furrowed her brows. "Aliens came here to live a normal life, but instead they have giant targets on their backs, and you want them to remain that way? In fear for themselves and their families?"

"What? No, of course not. All I'm saying is that they should-."

"Leave." Kara cut you off.

"What?"

"Y/N, just leave." She motioned towards the door.

"Kara-."

"What about me? Huh? You think I should reveal Supergirl's identity to the world and put all my friends and family in danger?"

"No. Kara, that's-."

"What? Different? No, it's not! My reasoning is the same as the other aliens who just wish to live their lives! Now, go!"

You have never seen Kara this angry before.