Chapter 39 - Connections and Confusions

Start from the beginning

His senses amplified as the smell of vanilla filled him as he reached for her neck, giving slow teasing kisses and occasional bites in the area, allowing the woman to regain her breath , his eyes focused on her as lust acted like a magnet leaving only a quiet second for them to rest, as Luna smiled at him, her eyes gazing at him softly yet passionately before consuming his lips once again, slowly and hungry, playing with each other desire as if they were long lost lovers.

Ignoring the loud ringing of the phone, the two deepened their kiss, their heartbeat united as one, as their once passionate kiss took them further away from reality.

While things were heating up in one part of the world, in a five stars hotel at in unknown country. Things were not as peaceful.

"Why can't you believe me?" The man asked, his voice filled with regret and sorrow, as the woman in front of him rolled her eyes.

Getting up, Katherine went straight for the bottle of white wine that rested peacefully on the Purple Heart wood table. Her figure alluring as her long legs walked towards it. Her white lingerie set adorning her sculpted body. Although Katherine could not be considered the prettiest woman out there, she still had the body of a super model, and a beautiful face.

In truth she was born with an ordinary face, however, as any girl from her social circle, she learned to groom herself. Nose job at seventeen, a tiny bit of lip filler every now and then and a boob job when she turned twenty. Plus the regular exercise and consistent diet. She had made herself become a beauty.

Katherine Butchers had many flaws, she could be cold, superficial and selfish but one thing she wasn't was a fool.

" Are you even taking this serious? We are runaways, you know what? I don't care anymore." Katherine said while pouring herself a glass of a chilly beverage. She honestly didn't. Although it irked her a bit, she knew the risks of accepting his company. Grabbing her glass she drank a bit, appreciating the view of the snow falling down. Although the heating system was quite good, her body was still cold. If she had any body hair, it would probably stand on edge and yet, she just couldn't bring herself to lay back in bad with Harry.

"Come on, I didn't even answer. I haven't answered anyone ever since that night in Paris." The man said, getting out of bed going towards her. Being only in his briefs, the man felt the cold air sip into his bones. "They just managed to spot me here. What did you want me to do? Run away from them next time they spot me here? We are just going to ski together, that's all. Didn't you say my friends seemed nice? I just arranged for you to meet. "

Lifting one brow, the woman stared at him, her cat like eyes staring at his in disbelief.

"I never asked for you to do that." Her answer was cold.

"I never said you did." His voice was hoarse, his eyes puppy like asking for reasoning. "I just thought you would like to see people after all this time running away."

Looking at him, the woman laughed sharply. Taking a sip of her wine right after, the silence killing him.

"I don't miss it. At all. Much less people I don't know." Placing her cup on the table, she walked towards her suitcase, which was perfectly packed, ready in case they had to flee. Grabbing some warm clothes, Katherine was quick to put them on.

"Come on, I'm being serious. I know you have the worst image of me in your head, but I'm being honest. I wasn't the one who gave out our address." His voice was calm, yet pleading.

"I already told you. I don't care." Katherine voice was normal. Not a hint of mockery, sarcasm or any sort of untrue feelings. "I'm gonna go outside enjoy the snow. I'm getting a bit tired of staying here. I think I'm going to stay at my father's for a while, until my mother throws that leach away. The hotel is booked until the end of the week, you can stay until then if you want."