Chapter 8

Ever since that I woke up from this world, I calmly dealt with the situation I was put into. Though the reason of me being here is unknown, I have to act as the real owner of the one I possessed. On my whole journey with Wondaba and the rest of my friends, now am I became ever so thankful that we're filming the story. Thanks to that, I know the situations and know few of the characters in the palace.

And for more information, I studied the history of this world's kingdom and their relations to other kingdoms as well. And now thinking back to where we're planning on finishing the film to suddenly waking up in that story's world could only made my mind to a conclusion that it is no mere coincidence. I still have no proof nor a clue to what's going on but it's no doubt that the whole thing was planned.

May it be from a relic and transfer me in this book just like we had done to get king Arthur's power to Tenma, or maybe something that could relate to magic perhaps? Still no solid proof and only theories that I have.

However, thinking of the flow of the story. Elisha and Richard's parents decided that their only children were to be married for alliance due to a possibility of the other kingdoms attacking theirs and may start a war, but Elisha being a free spirited person could not accept that her life was decided for politics and she couldn't live her own freely. Richard could only say the same but because of his past mistakes, he tried to atone it by accepting the engagement, it was also that his father will be happy.

Elisha and Richard were on a rivalry relationship before they learned of their engagement and the relationship became intense by knowing so. Then one day Richard was poisoned and was bedridden for a few days, and in that time span Elisha learned of her feelings for Richard and promised to find the antidote of an unknown poison. So Elisha sought for someone who knows any kind of poisons and stumbled upon a rumour of a certain poisoner that lived in the border of Marche Kingdom and Ravel Kingdom, an enemy kingdom.

And so, she brings her trusted aide; Victor, Richard's aide; Arthur, and a hunter who's well adept in journeying to a forest. Though, danger kept on their way they still got to the poisoner and brought him back. Richard was healed after and King lionel decided to have a celebration for the prince's recovery, thus, the two of them confessed their feelings to each other and got married.

I guessed that it became popular because of not the princess who was in damsel in distress, but the prince. Maybe the author was a feminist and had wanted to point the women's power that can also rival a man's. I don't have any hate of that actually. In fact, I thought it was amazing. Everything is equal, whether it be to their jobs or their life, no one can judge them.

Even still, that doesn't involve in my situation.

I was stuck in this world. In the female lead's body, in spite of me being a man. Without any other choice but to accept it. I felt guilty of the fact I'm in an unknown territory that isn't supposed to be mine at all, yet have it now.

But I accepted the mere fact so that I could move on to the story, and seeing where I'm in now I could say I was at the time where before the announcement of the engagement happen. Then we're still in the heated rivalry, well not that it ended until the poisoning in my knowledge.

My hand reached for a book at the top on the pile. I was currently on a reading-the-history mania inside the study while not bothering to clean the endless pile of books in the room. Apparently, Elisha doesn't want to read a book so me being her and doing what she doesn't do then keeps on requesting for more was like foods raining down from the sky to the people in the palace as they heard of the news. Couldn't blame them. Elisha and I are different when it comes to studying. She wasn't into reading any types of books, while I can be defined as a bookworm.

"My lady princess Elisha, you've been fixated on books all this time. I heard you were constantly escaping to town in the past, so why a change of heart?"

I planned to ignore the comment as it is true, but I simply cannot ignore the way he called me by name, not only was it lady but as well a princess. "How many times do I have to remind you not to address me as such, Victor? Though I did say we can speak casually when we're alone, but I cannot accept you mocking me."

I heard him scoff at my side. "I'm not mocking you, Your highness. I'm just practicing my speech." Speech my butt!

My eyes closed as I let out a breath and snapped the book I'm previously reading close. "What's so wrong about learning anyways?"

"Learning is useless to you, your highness."

"Excuse me?"

Victor Bourgeois, a knight that Elisha's father personally chose to become my aide. My shock was in extreme when his appearance looked like Tsurugi in every way. The cold air that he give off were also the same as him. Still something, even if it's little, is different even if he resembles Tsurugi. And knowing him in days made me know what it is.

In those few days I told him to be my friend and can speak to me casually and may even call me by name but he refused so very eagerly yet I insisted that only made him sigh in defeat. However, in each passing day I could see him getting more comfortable around me and began to give an attitude. It's the attitude that he'd only show if we're alone. And knowing him in the next days made me know what it is. He can be like Kariya in some way, mocking me while still having his cool. Sometimes I give remarks and sometimes I ignore, I couldn't care less. It proved that we're now comfortable with each other as friends.

I'm glad to see a familiar face in this unknown world. It made some weight around my shoulders to be lifted.

My eyes landed on his back. He's arranging the books on the floor that I scattered earlier. Unconsciously the edge of my mouth perked up and became lost in my own thoughts. I didn't notice Victor sending me wary looks.

"Is there something on my back?" I jolted slightly at hearing his voice near me and perked up to see him looking down on me. I must be out for awhile. Once recovered, I stare at him and smiled.

"Nothing. Say, why don't we go out? I'm pretty sure you're bored in this messy room of mine."

Victor silently agreed, but the twinkle in his eyes were barely unnoticed that he's more than happy to get out of here.

When we return later, I'm sure that I'll be going back to learn history while I also look for clues. So maybe I should take a break for once and forget some worries since it will be long now before I can come back to my world.

Victor knocked on the door to snap me out of my thoughts. I was frequently lost in my thoughts for awhile, huh. He was waiting impatiently for me as he lightly grumbled.

I guess I'll be Elisha for awhile.