Chapter 6

There were gossips around. In every corner of the palace, servants were muttering about it. It's about one morning when the princess never went out of her room even though it's already noon. sneaked out, moreover, she ignored the prince. Usually everytime the two met, they'd either glare against each other or banter around, but it did not happen as she instantly avoided him just before he could see her.

She became quite silent and went to her studies that she used to escape from. That her teacher was astound when her hands held a book, and even her table had a pile of books.

Though, she held books when still young and has the brain, but recently didn't held any when she thought it's nonsense to study numbers even though what really needed were just knowing and counting it.

Now she's focused on reading everything and never once sneaked out. No one ever believed it, but it happened. Princess Elisha changed.

King Lionel was a busy man. With himself as king, he has many obligations to fulfill. When he heard of the princess' situation from Hector, as king, he's proud, but as father, he's confused and unhappy.

Lionel only wanted his daughter to have a happy life and away from obligations as his successor. That is until it's time, she get to have a great childhood.

The king took a few documents that lay on his table, eyeing it then to the other he held from his right hand. He let out a breath then dropped his paper to pinch the bridge of his nose. Someone knocked on the door. "Your majesty, princess Elisha is here."

"Let her in."

He did not turn his head up to look at the door opening as he focused in looking at the words written on the paper. He continued to read the same paragraph yet his mind still couldn't comprehend the contents. He let out a breath again and decided to turn to his daughter who became quite studious in a span of one night.

The king saw that Elisha still standing in front of him while facing him blankly. Was her mind out of here? Her body was stiff as if she's nervous of him. It broke his heart to see her so wary of him. He may be king but he's still her father.

"Um," Elisha muttered. "You asked for my presence, your majesty, is there something I can do for you?" He now truly believed the words of his servants. She changed. She didn't refered him as father like she usually does. He even wondered if she was possessed.

"Well, indeed I did. Before that, how is your studies? I heard you are now attending your lectures and never once sneaked out." He noticed how her body stiffened even more due to his words.

Elisha reluctantly nodded. "F-forgive my foolishness. I will now do my duties as princess." She then instantly bowed. Her face was looking downwards. Lionel was shocked, and confused, he didn't remember doing curtsy like that. Where had she learned that?

"Uh, rise, my daughter. There is no need to. . bow. I was merely curious. It's fine to go around town unless you notify me so people won't worry." Lionel cleared his throat. "Let us get this matter done."

"Yes." The pinkette rose from his position. Silently unmoving from where she stood. "What is the matter, your majesty?"

The king nodded and crossed his hands together and rested on the paper filled table of his. "Due to multiple reasons, I hired an aide for you. He's a year younger than you, but I guarantee to you that he can protect you from harm. I tested his abilities myself.

It's also convenient that one person can accompany you from your adventures, therefore, I'm at ease." He stared at her, waiting for any complaints. He was caught off guard when she nodded without a word. "T-that is all. You may go now."

Elisha was about to open the door when Lionel remembered something called her again. "Wait!" She nervously turned to him. "Yes..?" She asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Call me father when we're alone,-No! Call me father all the time!! 'your majesty' never suited me when I'm with my lovely daughter!!" Lionel practically yelled out his very concern from the moment she spoke. There was a moment of silence in the room until Elisha smiled softly.

"I will, father."

Π

The next morning, the pinkette went to the balcony and a breeze greeted her, swaying her hair. A bird landed on the railing and went to her hand and pecked it. Her azure eyes landing at the little one and smiled, she offered her finger and the bird happily jump on it.

Raising the bird to her level, she stared at it with loving eyes. "Hey there, are you here for a stroll?" Her voice was soft like a whisper as if hiding the worry she strongly felt. "Or perhaps you are lost just like me?"

The bird let out a chirp as if answering her question though she could not say if it was for the latter or former question, she is not an animal to understand it after all. The pinkette sighed as the bird flew away leaving her and then went back inside and sat to stare at herself at the vanity. She needed a bath, and she'll do it.

Once fully dressed, she sighed and closed her eyes. She stayed like that for awhile, not even bothering to turn the lights as the sun was enough to light her empty room.

Her eyes opened, and glanced straightfully to the vanity's mirror then trudged herself towards it. She looked at herself before her left hand grabbed a few locks of her pink hair, twirling it around her fingertips. Then her right hand took a thin black colored ribbon. She now grabbed half of her hair and tied it and did the same with the other. the pinkette stared again at herself, and smiled towards her own.

"Now, Kirino Ranmaru. Time for you to look around town."