Extra #3 - Dirty Squid

"Great performance as ever, Douglas! Keep up the good work!", Mr. Grizz called out as Douglas walked out of the Grizzco Industries building. "Thank you, sir!", Douglas replied as he walked out. He has worked multiple Salmon Run shifts in the past, but lately, they started to become more and more unusual. He hoped that things would normalize soon, but right now, it was not time to worry about it. He had more important things to worry about, such as the date his sister, Moray, has with her boyfriend, Arroyo. At first, he looked like a nice guy, but sometimes, he could catch glimpses of suspicious activity coming from him, such as trying to get more physical with Moray, sometimes in inappropriate ways at times. He was hoping he could keep an eye on them, but Moray would never approve of that, so he felt forced to sit it out instead.

Douglas eventually made it back to his house and entered through the front door. "Look who decided to show up!", Douglas's mother, Lana, greeted him as she moved closer to him on a wheelchair. Douglas smiled at her as he leaned in for a hug. "Things were a bit busier than usual at Grizzco.", he told her, then straightened his posture after giving Lana the hug. "I might go back if they call me again.", he elaborated. "Well, I hope nothing bad happens over there. You may be their best worker, but others don't call Grizzco sketchy for no reason.", Lana spoke as she moved her wheelchair over to the kitchen. "Your dad made lunch, if you haven't eaten yet.", she let him know. "I'll get some later, I wanna say hi to Moray first.", he replied as he was about to head upstairs to her room, but stopped himself before he could and looked at Lana again. "I'm guessing dad is busy?", Douglas asked. "He may work from home, but that's no excuse for interrupting him. His words were final.", Lana answered as Douglas sighed in disappointment. "I know..", he muttered as he continued making his way up the stairs.

Douglas was about to approach Moray's room, until he could hear Moray's voice coming from her room, along with one more voice. "Ow! Don't be so rough!", Moray exclaimed a bit. A male chuckle could be heard right after. "Are they really that sensitive?", the male voice asked jokingly. "Yes! What do you think? Besides, it's not everyday I do this.", Moray replied as the male voice sighed. "What would you do without me..?", he told her, and at that moment, Douglas impatiently entered Moray's room, bracing himself for the worst. Thankfully, all he found was Moray sitting on her bed as a male Inkling, Arroyo, was tying two of her longer tentacles to the back of her head in an X shape. Arroyo's hair was colored cyan and it consisted of a short mohawk hairstyle topped with many tiny spikes and buzzed sides, and what stood out from his clothing was his Aloha Shirt. As for Moray, she already looked dressed up for her date, wearing shorts, a teal colored T-shirt and a magenta colored tank top over it.

Douglas looked at both of them skeptically in silence until he spoke again. "Did I...miss anything?", Douglas asked suspiciously. Moray smiled brightly at her brother. "Oh, he came over to help me with this style! I wanted to try something new.", she answered as Arroyo chuckled. "Yeah, there was so much covering her beautiful face, I wanted to see it all the time unobstructed.", he explained as he leaned in to give Moray a kiss on her cheek, making her blush and giggle as she kept him close. "Save that for the date, will you?", Douglas asked, making both of them stop awkwardly.

Douglas then focused his gaze on Moray's new hairstyle. "So that's the style you want?", Douglas asked. "It's the one Arroyo asked for, so yeah.", Moray answered. "Can I be honest?", Douglas asked again. "Please.", Moray replied, expecting a compliment. "You look ridiculous.", Douglas answered as Moray giggled. "Well, this is our date, not yours!", Moray retorted in a tongue-in-cheek manner as she hugged Arroyo. Douglas smiled and slightly rolled his eyes. "Have it your way.", he said as Moray giggled a bit. "Dad is working today, so I'm taking charge for now. Which means I want you both back by six thirty-ish.", Douglas told them. "Seven-ish?", Moray asked, hoping she could stay out longer. "Six-ish. Headed to five thirty-ish.", Douglas retorted as Moray gave him a dissatisfied look. "Six thirty-ish, it is.", Moray complied as she and Arroyo began to head out.