Epilogue

It seemed like another normal day in Inkopolis Square. Since Plum and Moray settled everything between them and the Kamabo Corporation, they both decided that it was about time they all had a relaxed day for once, and what better way to spend a relaxing day than to spend it at the beach. Plum has never really been at a beach before. He already knew how they looked like, and how enjoyable it was to others, but now that he is sitting on the soft sand staring at the ocean, wearing his new swimming trunks and swimming shirt, he began to consider visiting this wonderful place more often. It is probably the perfect place to keep all the recent chaos off his mind, anyway.

"You've never been to a beach before!?", Rainey asked Plum as soon as he told her, holding Skip in her arms as he chuckled. "Nope. But now I see why everyone enjoys it so much.", Plum replied to her as Tallulah, who was just next to Rainey, began to laugh a bit. "I'd say you've been living under a rock, but then I remember I don't play Turf Wars as much.", she joked as Plum laughed with them, then drew his focus back on the ocean in front of him, smiling at its beauty. There were some Inklings playing in the water. It was a good thing a universal spawn point was set up near them in case someone went too deep in the water.

Plum noticed some movement in his peripheral vision, and when he looked, he found something that immediately left him frozen: Moray was standing over him wearing a two piece triangle bikini that matched the lime in her hair. Plum's face began to redden intensely for how revealing it looked on her. "What? Never seen a girl in a bikini before?", Moray asked him, slightly snapping him back to reality. "U-Uh... Maybe once.", Plum answered, remembering the dream he had not too long ago when he saw Moray for the first time in a similar bikini. The resemblance from his dream to this reality seemed startlingly similar.

Moray giggled a bit as she sat down next to Plum and hugged him, keeping him close. Plum still felt a bit flushed on his cheeks, but decided to wrap his arm around her either way. "I'm glad we decided to take a day off like this.. After so much that has happened, we definitely deserve it.", Moray commented as she let out a relaxed sigh. Plum smiled a bit, but it disappeared instantly. "It's a shame not all of us are here...", he muttered, remembering Ridley. Moray looked at him with pity, then moved his head towards her. "I'm sure Ridley is having the time of his life..wherever he is. I'm sure he'd want us to do the same.", Moray told him softly as Plum's smile returned to his face. "How did I deserve someone as amazing as you..?", he replied sweetly as they both pressed their lips against each other's.

As soon as they parted, Moray got closer to him, practically sitting on his lap. "Besides, this is the perfect time to get to things we probably couldn't before! For example, I probably would want to improve on playing my instruments, or even improve my singing voice, since it's not the best.", Moray added awkwardly as she giggled. Plum chuckled a bit too. "Your singing voice? It sounds great as it is!", Plum commented. "Yeah, but I wanna get better at it. You're leagues above me!", Moray pointed out as Plum chuckled, then decided to mess around with Moray, getting closer to her face with a mischievous smile. "Well, I can always help you hit those high notes, if you really want me to..", he told her in a deeper tone. Afterwards, he watched how Moray's face turned beat red in an instant as she tried to move her face away by instinct, only for Plum to get closer. As soon as she could not move any further, she released an elated sigh and smiled nervously. "P-Plum, you're gonna make me faint..", she stuttered as Plum chuckled, but Moray began to giggle as well as they both kissed once again.

However, all of a sudden, both of them were pulled apart once more by Douglas. "What did you say..?", he asked Plum with a challenging glare, leaving Plum deathly nervous once again. "I-I was only joking.", Plum stuttered. "You better have.", Douglas continued. "I mean...I wouldn't mind.", Moray pointed out shyly, getting a blush from Plum and a glare from Douglas. "No! You're too young!", Douglas exclaimed in a panic as Moray and Plum began to laugh. "We know! We're just joking!", Moray told her brother as Douglas looked at them both with suspicion. "Well, I hope you two don't do anything risky just yet.", Douglas pointed out as he walked back to his group with the Inkling Brigade.