Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Derek's P.O.V.

I stood there, breathless, for who knows how long after Stiles left. That feeling of our bond breaking was the most powerful feeling I had ever felt before. In that moment, my brain was clogged with the memories of me and Stiles' relationship together. Memories of when Scott walked in and we had to make an excuse, thoughts of when the pack finally found out that he was a wolf, and I was his mate.

Mate.

Every time I even think of that word, my heart clenches and I'm unable to breathe. Maybe it was all made up in my head. Maybe I painted this picture of the perfect relationship in my mind where we never stopped loving each other, and we lived together, old and grey, with our children and grandchildren visiting frequently in the fixed up Hale House. Maybe I just conjured up this fairytale in my head. And maybe that's all it was.

A fairytale.

I didn't realize tears were streaming down my face harder than before until I walked to my bathroom and looked in my mirror. My eyes were puffy and I looked like I hadn't slept in days when I knew it had only been a few hours. I crawled into bed, no longer feeling the warmth of my mate-I mean, Stiles, in my arms.

I cried myself to sleep that night.

Stiles P.O.V.

I got into my jeep and drove away from the Hale House as fast as I could, everything that just happened still fresh in my mind. I had known that I was leaving for quite some time, but I didn't know when to break it to him. I couldn't just be gone in the morning, leaving unanswered questions.

Then again, I guess this isn't much better.

I had enough clothes to last a few days until I could go shopping for more. I pulled into the parking lot, not able to remember the drive I just made. I looked down at my hands to see that my claws were protruding from my skin.

"I'm still a wolf," I whispered to myself. I looked into my rearview mirror to see that my eyes were now bright green instead of red. I had remembered my mate-I mean, Derek, saying something about green eyes. They belong to those who have once been mated, but were then separated by a strong emotion against the one another. Nobody knows if they can ever be mated again, or mated to the same person.

I calmed myself down before texting Scott. *Scott, it's time. you know where to pick up my jeep. take care of my old man for me.* I stepped out of my jeep and speed-walked into the building. Since it was around 2 a.m, it was pretty deserted. I walked up to the only open window and smiled at the lady sitting behind the glass.

"How may I help you?" The woman said, smile beaming across her face. I looked at her and smiled while sighing heavily.

"2:45 train to Seattle please."

Derek's P.O.V.

"Derek, you need to leave this house sometime," Scott whined as I laid in bed with my back towards him. I just growled and brought the blanket farther up onto my face, squeezing my eyes shut tighter.

"It's been a whole month, Derek. he's not coming back," Scott faded off towards the end. I could feel my eyes turning red as I tried to calm myself down. I heard I second heartbeat come into the room and I immediately knew it was Allison's.

"Any luck, babe?" She said in her sweet voice. I scoffed and sat up, bringing my back to the headboard and glaring at them.

"What?" Scott asked, getting impatient. I looked between the two of them until I saw it. The bite mark on Allison's right shoulder.

"You mated her," I whispered, my heart filling with sorrow.

"Yes I did," Scott said confidently. "maybe if you had done the same to Stiles, he would still be here," he mumbled.

"Scott," Allison scolded with wide eyes.

I felt my eyes glow red as I stood up from the bed.

"Of course, this is all my fault. Big bad wolf strikes again? Well you know what, I'm so sorry Scott. I'm sorry that you don't know the feeling of your mate bond being ripped away from you after you finally think everything in your life is going right. I'm sorry that I stole you're best friend from you when really, Allison stole you from him, but you were too busy sneaking around and fucking to notice. And lastly, I'm sorry for not leaving him alone when you told me to." I said, staying angry the entire time before ending my last words with a rush of pain and sorrow. Scott looked at me as if he was the one who was just abandoned by his mate, causing me to scoff again as I looked away and crossed my arms across my chest.

"Derek, I'm so-"

"You know what Scott? Why don't you just take after Stiles and go," I said with nothing but hate in my voice. Scott gave my one last look before leaving the room, leaving Allison still standing in the door way. I glared at her as she opened her mouth, about to speak, but she decided against it and left. I heard the front door slam, and within a few minutes, there were no human heart beats within a mile radius.

And once again, I was alone.

(A/N 1 chapter left. What do you think is going to happen? Tell me that and your age & birthday, just cuz. Mine is this Tuesday)