Chapter 12 - You deserve the truth

- Jasmine -
I couldn't believe I was sitting in the middle of my world history class, thinking about the best way to tell Zoe about Toby and I. Every once in a while I'd glance behind me to where she sat and she'd just smile at me and keep working. All she ever talked about was having double dates with Dylan and Corey. I didn't think it would turn out good if I took Toby along, Dylan would probably punch him.

Was there a good way to tell her? She thought Corey and I were inseparable. Maybe her opinion would change hen she found out what he'd done. I knew I had to figure something out in the next five minutes I was dead. I started tapping my foot urgently, I might just have to wing it.

The bell sounded ending class. Crap. I started packing up my books as slow as possible. My phone buzzed beside me and u stopped to check the text.

"Hey there J, we should practise for the music performance tonight. Indiana already said she's coming, and I need my beautiful angelic singer otherwise it'll suck. See you later.
Love Toby xx"

I blushed, I couldn't help it. He was so sweet to me. "What are you blushing about? Did Corey send you a sweet text?" Zoe interrupted my moment of feeling loved. He sent kisses. Kisses. Corey had never done that.

"Yeah I need to talk to you about something important Zoe. Walk with me?" I said hopefully, Zoe looked at me suspiciously and then followed me out.

"So I s'pose you heard about Corey's problem and punishment."

"I did." I answered trying to think of a way to change the subject to the most important matter.

"You said you had something important to tell me?"

"Zoe I'm so sorry! I found out Corey cheated on me and then to went to Wes and he attacked me. This really nice guy, Toby, helped me and he's been really nice, looking after me. And I kind of fell in love with him and stayed in his dorm a few times. Please forgive me for not telling you straight up." I gushed almost buckling over from lack of air as I'd spoken so fast.

"Ok, slow up there. Corey cheated on you?"

I nodded. "Toby's been really nice, he told me his dorm was my safe house, I should have told you sooner."

"God Jazz, I the one who should be saying sorry. I had no idea this was going on."

"I was afraid because I didn't want Corey to find out that I'm seeing Toby. I must be the worst friend ever." I shook my head disgusted at myself.

"How much does Toby know about Corey's and your past?"

"Most of it, and I don't regret telling him. It was good to share it with him, I don't feel so trapped anymore."

Zoe sighed and then smiled, "I'm happy for you as long as your happy. But you have to let me meet him and I mean right now." She demanded and laughed.

" I can if you want but you have to be sneaky. We have to get into the boys dorms without being seen." I started walking but stopped instantly. Corey was in the courtyard cleaning up the trash, I pulled my hood up hopefully he wouldn't notice me.

I made off across the courtyard with Zoe on my heels trying to look inconspicuous. "Zoe?" Corey called out. I kept walking and Zoe did too, but Corey started after us. I broke into a run and detoured straight into the girls dorms. It was the only way to escape him.

"Phew, that was a close one." Zoe gasped.

"I have no idea how we're gonna get to the boys dorms without him seeing us." I replied slightly flustered. I wasn't lying how were we going to get into the boy's dorms? Corey was probably going to wait out there.