Chapter 6 - An Unexpected Allie

- Jasmine -
Wes grabbed my hand again pulling me to my feet, and then
instantly shoving me back down onto the ground everything was still a blur. My glasses were God knows where. His friends were laughing and I just put my hands in my lap wondering if Corey was going to come and save me. Wes pulled my hand from my lap and began pulling me up.

"Wes leave her alone." a voice said it was male.

Someone pulled me to my feet, and I braced for the impact of hitting the ground again but it never came. "She can't see and that makes you a coward for bullying her."

"What are you going to be the noble hero now are you?" Wes demanded.

"I guess I am." The other guy responded from right next to me. he started walking leading me away from the trees and Wes.

"Once you walk away there's no coming back!" Wes yelled after us.

"I don't wanna come back anyway." he called behind us.

We walked for a long time I heard doors open and close. "Who are you and where are you taking me?" I asked trying to stay calm, another door closes and he guides me to a seat and hands me my glasses.

I put them on immediately with out hesitation. He has ice blue eyes and brown hair. He's pretty cute. I look around the room confused, "Is this your dorm?"
He smiles and its stunning.

"Yeah, this is my dorm. I don't share with anyone." he answers.

"Oh. Ah thanks for, you know, what you did back there." I smile shyly.

"Don't worry about it. I'm Toby, by the way, Toby Cavern."

"I'm Jasmine, Jasmine Foster. Nice to meet you." I smiled shyly again. I start examining the room, every flat surface has a Nickelback poster.

"You like Nickelback? My brother and I love them."

"I have a slight obsession."

"I can see that."

"What were you thinking? Confronting Wes alone. You really have no idea what kind of a guy he is do you?" His question caught me off guard.

"I guess I don't. I was just trying help Corey. He's been getting more and more distant as time goes on." I sighed.

"You mean Corey Anderson? Right? He's been talking to Wes for about two weeks, Wes started talking to him before the college year started."

"Yeah. I feel like I'm losing him, he doesn't want to spend time with me anymore. he won't talk to me and he even has Dylan on a code of silence. I thought Wes would just back off if I said something to him, I didn't expect him to do what he did to me."

"Just don't do it again will you? Because I'm not going to be there to save you next time, I just got kicked out of the group."

"Why did you even hang out with them anyway? You seen way to nice for those losers."

"Wes has something on me. Something I didn't want anyone to know, but none of that matters anymore."

"Of course it matters, you got kicked out of the group because of me."

"Can I ask you something?" He asked cautiously.

"Yeah sure."

"You seem really embedded in getting him back, but why is he so special to you?"

"I've sacrificed a lot for him, and I really thought he loved me and now after everything I've done for him I'm just not feeling the love from him."

"Oh and Jasmine you don't have to tell me anything if you don't want too. I don't expect you too."

"The same goes for you. you don't have to tell me anything either. I just want you to know that I'm grateful for what you did back there. Thank you Toby."

"Don't mention it."

"Does Wes have something on everyone in his gang? He has something on Corey doesn't he?"

"Okay just slow down a bit, Yes anyone who's in Wes's gang is trying to hide something. Wes threatens them using their secrets, their deepest darkest secrets. So he more than likely has something on Corey."

The bell rang echoing through the whole campus. "Oh my god is that the end of fifth period? I have a class now if it is. Geez Zoe's gonna kill me, I told her I was going for a walk and then never came back. I am so dead."

"I hate being the barer of bad news but yes that's the end of fifth period."

"Do you have a class now?"

"No. I'm just gonna hang out up here till dinner time. I could walk you to class if you want."

"I'd like that. Thanks again for letting me ruin your friends and crash in your dorm and interrogate you." I laughed softly.

"Your welcome here anytime you need just don't get seen coming in oh and remember it's room 408. Their not my friends anyway so don't worry nobody needs friends like those losers." he smiled and put something in my hand I looked down.

"I don't understand, why are you giving me a key to your dorm?"

"Because this is your safe house now. I want you to come here and tell me if you need anything. I don't want to see you get hurt Jasmine."

"We should hang out again sometime, but if I don't get to class I'm going to be in serious trouble from my parents."

"Then we better go." he opened the door for me and we ran down the corridor toward the exit of the boys dorms, hoping no one would see us.

~~~~
- Corey -
If there was a moment in my life where I wished I could die, it would be now. Jasmine was drifting away, she wasn't going to put up with my shit for much longer. I was a real crappy boyfriend and I knew it. How much more could she take? After all that happened last year, I wouldn't blame her if she ditched me.

This Wes guy was threatening me and Dylan. It was fine for Jake, he'd refused to do football this year. That was probably the smartest thing he'd ever done,I should have been smarter.

Jasmine had every right to be mad with me, that is if she new what I'd done. Wes had set me up, he'd made me do something that was so wrong and I can never take it back. If I didn't do everything he told me to, he'd tell Jazz what I did. It would kill her. I never wanted to hurt her, I would never willingly hurt her.

I sat with my arms folded under a tree in the court yard. I was supposed to be in auto mechanics class but I just didn't feel like it. The whole place was quiet sixth period had started ten minutes ago so everyone was in class. The silence broke and I could hear a girl laughing, that wasn't just any girl I knew that laugh anywhere. Jasmine. It was her laugh. I looked in the direction it was coming from and saw her sprinting with some guy. I recognised that guy, it was Toby Cavern he was part of Wes's insane asylum of a gang. Looks like I need to have a little word to him about being near her, she's my girlfriend.

They kept running till they got to the door of the art classrooms. She turned to him smiling and nodded. My heart shattered, she was hugging him. I suppose I deserve whatever comes to me, even if it means losing Jasmine to him. I watched her go inside and he walked back the way he'd come and into the boys dorms.

This was not over he was going to hear from me that's for sure. The only problem is he knows what I've done. All it would take is for him to tell her and she'd be gone.
Gone.