Diciannove

Soobin couldn't get the unforgettable weight off his chest as he sauntered on his own garden. The blooming gems sought comfort from him, hugging his legs as he admired them all together.

The cool air gently caressed them with its unseen hands. Soobin smiled as they were swept, seeing them wonder what was inside his mask. What was the face he kept from them?

A group of flowers caught his eye, in particular. The warm color they share together somehow reached his heart, touching it with a nonexistent smile.

Soobin was welcomed by the carnations, rejoicing that their owner gave his attention to them. He kneeled and examined them with his fingers. They felt really soft, as though they were reassuring him that everything will be okay.

Everything will be okay, right?

He pulled a single carnation from the soil, staying silent before he kissed its innocent petals. Twilight started to sweep the area, so he should hide before Yeonjun trespasses and steals another batch of his flowers.

"Can you forgive me, mother?"

Pink carnations were said to be born from the Virgin Mary's tears, so it symbolized an astounding dream he wished to be in. He wished she was there by his side, reassuring him like how these flowers do.

It was too late, unfortunately. It was only a mere dream.

When he was born, he was surrounded by crimson red. He was drenched in the mad color, helping him live and stay alive. He was helplessly lying there, vulnerable and young for the other creatures to mingle with.

But the deliverer didn't stay much longer.

When Soobin was introduced in Earth's hands, she tried to climb up.

But to no avail, she fell again into obliviousness.

She fell forever.

No monster could catch her ever again.

As her offspring, Soobin waited and waited for fate to give him a purpose in his life. Because the duke gave him the role to live, he continued living.

He got back to the castle after getting a bunch of nimble flowers.

The masked man decided that he would create a flower that did not exist in the world. He would create something that did not make contact with its ground, nor felt its air.

Soobin was filled with unimaginable zeal to fix his purpose, his role.

He decided to create a flower that Yeonjun would be able to sell for a high price. It would be so rare that he can gain a large amount of money just by selling a single one.

He was often told by the duke that his mother was very fond of gardening. As the daughter of the old gardener, she helped him take care and water the numerous plants belonging to his father.

That started his admiration for those flowers. He started planting them in his residence to honor her taken soul,

To carry out her legacy.