♧trece♧

o c t o b e r
~~~~~~~~

a couple weeks later, jimin was at home watching tv in the living room. it was a saturday afternoon.

suddenly, jimin's mother came in and sat next to him.

"jimin, sweetheart, can i talk to you about something?" the woman asked.

jimin paused his show and sat upright, "yeah, sure. what is it?"

"have you been doing anything you shouldn't be? you know that you can tell me the truth about anything, baby." miss.park assured her son.

"no... what do you mean?" he asked, puzzled.

she sighed, "when i did your laundry yesterday, i could smell smoke and alcohol on your clothes. you know how i feel about that stuff. it could kill you, honey."

jimin looked confused for a few seconds before a wave of realisation hit him.

"oh, no! i haven't been smoking or drinking it's just- i- my friend. yoongi. he- uh, he smokes. as for the alcohol, his house has that smell so i assume he or maybe his dad must drink too..." jimin explained.

"oh, i see. well, if that's the case, i don't want you hanging around him then." she said.

"no! i- he's not a bad influence on me or anything like that. he's just... not the happiest? he doesn't pressure me to smoke with him or anything. he just does it when he's upset or stressed out. he deals with a lot, that's all." jimin tried to elaborate without revealing all of yoongi's personal business.

"okay... but make sure you don't join in on any of that nonsense, okay? it's not good for you." miss.park ordered skeptically.

"i promise. in fact, i'm trying to get him to quit and i think it might be slightly working. he just doesn't have the best backround." jimin confessed.

"what happened to him?" his mother asked, now curious.

"well... i shouldn't say much since it's not my place to tell. the only thing i can tell you is that his mother died when he was really young since everyone knows that already. as for other things, i shouldn't be the one to tell people about his personal life." jimin revealed.

"that's good of you, jimin." she said, ruffling his hair, "but that's awful. i can't imagine losing someone so close, so young..."

"i know..." jimin said, sighing sadly, thinking about how much the woman in front of him meant to him.

"aside from that, have you still been hanging out with your other friends? what do you guys call it... bangtan?" she asked, trying to change the subject.

"oh yeah, i didn't ditch them for yoongi, i just invited yoongi to join us all. he's still closest with me but he's warmed up to them a lot since the first time. i think him and namjoon are pretty good friends now, actually. it's because they're into the same kind of music and they're really good producers. i-" jimin's rambling was interrupted by his mother.

"you're rambling, honey. you seem to love talking about this yoongi kid." she teased.

jimin blushed, "it's not even like that. i just- i feel like it's my job to help him, i guess. i want to."

"why is that?" she asked.

"because no one else seems to want to do it. and because i've seen more of him than everyone else at school. they all thought he was a weak, weird kid who couldn't defend himself and, now that he broke jackson's face, they're all afraid of him and they think he's a psycho. i just don't think he deserves to feel that way because i know he's a good person. he just needs someone to make him smile and make him feel like he's actually human for once." jimin started to ramble again, this time from the heart.