♧cinco♧

warning⚠️ this chapter contains brief mention of abuse & mention of suicide.

a u g u s t
~~~~~~~

so, let's just say that last night didn't go too well for yoongi.

he thought he was in the clear when he saw his father quietly sobbing but that was before he remembered that he'd gotten into a huge fight that the school called his dad about.

so yeah, he got slapped across the face and kicked in the ankle for getting into a brawl with jackson so now he was limping even though he did win the fight.

he woke up and did his normal morning routine, getting used to the limp in a heartbeat since it wasn't an irregular occurance.

although yesterday was an extremely shitty day, he was still thanking whatever force from above that answered his prayers when he begged not to get suspended.

if he was suspended then oh god would he be in for a storm. not only would he have to stay at home with his father for the whole day but he'd also have to witness him falling into his drunk state and deal with his constant ordering and nagging.

"bring me more beer, boy!"

"make dinner or don't eat at all!"

"who do you think you're talking to!?"

"no, you aren't leaving this fucking house!"

and of course there was the everyday risk of getting a punch to the face for not complying to any wish.

so in actual fact, he was more than thankful that he didn't get suspended.

he knew that he'd have a detention and that jackson would probably be there too since there's no way they suspended him if they didn't suspend yoongi.

i mean, the kid got a broken nose.

yoongi didn't really care though since he was known for skipping detentions and no one in the crappy school did anything about it whether it was yoongi or not anyway.

as he showered and got dressed to leave for school that morning, he felt empty.

he usually did but today that feeling seemed to consume him a lot more.

after the series of unfortunate events yesterday, only one thing stuck in his mind and kept him awake for the entirety of the night.

the last words of jackson before the fight began.

"to be honest, if you just died, it's not like anyone would fucking miss you since you have no one to begin with! but hey, on the bright side, at least you could visit your mummy in heaven if you even make it up there!"

he thought about the words until dawn and was still thinking about them as he got ready that morning.

"if i did... who would care?" yoongi mumbled.

i mean, my dad won't be losing much apart from a personal servant and a punching bag. other than him, who do i even have in my life anyway? my other family is god knows where and i have no friends. why am i even still doing this shit? i'm just staying here suffering and for what? i should just do it. it's not like i'm scared of death so why don't i just get it over with? seventeen years has been long enough in this hell hole.

he couldn't tell if it was just his left-over sadness from yesterday talking or if it was really his unfiltered thoughts but he decided that he was right either way.