♧epilogue♧

a u g u s t
~~~~~~

five months had passed.

five months since yoongi had decided to let go of his past, five months since jimin tried to fully express how he felt for yoongi, five months since their first time.

a lot of shit happened in those five months, not only for them but also for their group which yoongi could finally confidently call his best friends.

taehyung and jeongguk finally started dating and jeongguk was out of the closet to the world after so long.

namjoon and seokjin got together which people weren't expecting since they never showed any signs of liking eachother. something definitely was happening at those mario kart hang outs.

hoseok and jaebeom had gone on a couple dates after taehyung forced him to ask him out in a game of truth or dare.

as for jimin and yoongi, they were still helplessly in love with eachother. they'd been officially dating for six months now yet it felt like years, in a good way.

sure, things were never easy for them from the get go and the past five months weren't all sunshine and rainbows either but they stood strong.

every late night yoongi stayed up, every meal he didn't eat, every song he wrote, every tear he shed, every gummy smile he wore: jimin was there for all of it.

for every amazing week and every relapse.

jimin was always there through the good, the bad and the ugly.

that's how they fell in love, after all.

aside from all this, today was a special day.

august 21st.

today was a special day because today jimin was going to meet a special someone for the first time.

someone's who's birthday just so happened to be today.

yoongi's mother.

as they walked hand in hand, jimin spoke up, "babe, you don't have to take me if you're uncomfortable, i know you're more open with it now but-"

"it's alright bub, i told you i'd let go months ago yet i've still been too sensitive to bring you here. it's time." yoongi assured, rubbing his thumb along his lover's hand.

jimin smiled softly at him.

today would always be a hard day for yoongi.

this day last year was terrible. that was the day his huge fight with jackson and a beating from his dad happened.

it all seemed like a distant memory now.

speaking of his dad, he went to visit him in jail every month.

even though 60% of yoongi's trauma was his fault, the boy was never mad at him for it even though the man thought that's what he deserved.

if yoongi left him to rot in his cell, he'd be fine with that because of everything he'd done to him. however, he didn't. yoongi still visited him and repeatedly granted him forgiveness.

one thing he would never be ready to let go of was his dad, no matter how fucked up their relationship was.

at least it wasn't like before, that's all he asked for.

as time went by, he began to recognise his father again and that's all he wanted.

the boys slowly approached the gate of the cemetery.

yoongi pushed it open and walked down the familiar pathway.

he hadn't visited in a while; about three months. he felt bad but it was because he was focusing on what he told jimin he'd do.